A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: take the price and units and calculate automatically the total price

take the price and units and calculate automatically the total price

Hey everyone,
    I would like to know if it is possible in flex to do the following actions.
    I have made an HTTPService to a MySQL database, table: orders_open and it has columns

Id | product | price | units | total_price | customer | waiter | printed | paid_cash | paid_card | date

The datagrid is filtered by the customer column. Default value of | printed | paid_cash | paid_card is 0

1)How can I make flex take the price and units and calculate automatically the total_price? In the datagrid and update the database lines when I save.

2) Sum up all filtered total_price ‘s and give the bill_total in a text field

3) When paid, print the ticket | product | price | units | total_price | and the bill_total
    in a printer

Can you help me on my way with a link or a code example?

My code has been created by Flex (create application from database)

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    A POS system is something you are unlikely to find anywhere as an example or source code (even in a simplistic form) as it is what I like to refer to as "money code" (with good reason), is very advanced and would most likely be hoarded by anyone with common sense.

I would suggest you explore the AdvancedDataGrid examples around the internet with a Google search as a start. You will find simple examples as food for thought you could possibly adapt. Best of luck on your project!

thanks for your reply