I'm attempting to make a volume slider that pops up when the volume icon is clicked.

I have the drag button nested inside the volPanel movie clip. If I show the volPanel on the stage as soon as the player loads, the drag works. Then I set it up to tween in when the volume icon is clicked and tween out on MouseOut. The problem is that when the volPanel is tweened, the button quits working. It won't even show an over state.

I also tried removing the mask, using alpha to show and hide it, using _visible to show and hide it. Anytime I put any sort of tween or visible or alpha change on the volPanel, the button gets disabled.

_root.volPanel._visible = true;

_root.panelRight.audioOn.onPress = function() {
//var myVolTween:Tween = new Tween (_root.volPanel,"_y",Strong.easeOut,_root.panelRig ht._y,_root.panelRight._y - 82,1,true);
//var myVolAlphaTween:Tween = new Tween (_root.volPanel,"_alpha",Strong.easeOut,0,100,1,tr ue);

_root.volPanel.onRollOut = function() {
//var myVolAlphaTweenOut:Tween = new Tween (_root.volPanel,"_alpha",Strong.easeOut,100,0,1,tr ue);
var myVolTweenOut:Tween = new Tween (_root.volPanel,"_y",Strong.easeIn,_root.panelRigh t._y - 82,_root.panelRight._y, 1,true);
}
}

I am primarily an AS3 developer but I'm pretty familiar with AS2, I've tried everything and I cannot get this to work.