Hi there

I am using one java script to recieve a value which i am pulling it in flash object. The script worked fine on IE and flash is displaying the value, but on Firefox its not retrieving the value probably the document.getelementbyId is not working in FF.

Here is the code which is in the header:

Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
function CountryCode(){
	var tempObj = document.getElementById('Spotlight_en_gb');
	if(tempObj)
	{
		tempObj.SetVariable('ccode', countryCode); 
	}
}
</script>
Heres my Flash object tag:

Code:
<div id="HighlightSectionHolder">

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="770" height="276" Id="Spotlight_en_gb" wmode="transparent" name="Spotlight_en_gb">
    <param name="movie" value="Movies.swf" />
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
    <param name="menu" value="false" />
    <!--[if !IE]>-->
    <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="Movies.swf" width="770" height="276" wmode="transparent">
    <!--<![endif]-->
                <!--Non Flash Content-->
                <%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="TopHighlights" Src="~/TopHighlights.ascx" %>
                  <uc1:TopHighlights id="TopHighlights1" runat="server"></uc1:TopHighlights>
                <!--Non Flash Content End-->
    <!--[if !IE]>-->
    </object>
    <!--<![endif]-->
  </object>

</div>
<script type="text/javascript">CountryCode();</script>
I have given the id plus the name to get the values in the flash dynamic text box with the variable name 'ccode' where the given value gets in.

In IE everything works perfectly but in FF i am not getting the value at all.
When i tried giving the same id to the !IE object tag so that when it read the !IE tag the objet can get the same id 'Spotlight_en_gb' but that causes error.

Whats the best way to get the variable values in flash on both IE or non IE versions?

getelementbyid, getelementbyname, getelementbytagname etc etc.

Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks
Fahad.