A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] sdk & linux

jchristo

resolved [RESOLVED] sdk & linux

I try to use open-swf sdk with linux and I got problems with the linker (gcc 2.95.2) and the bas_string function...
    can anyone help me?
    thanks

I was able to compile the examples from the SDK fine and ran them and they produced the swf files they are supposed to. If you post the entire error message you get, I might be able to help you find out what is wrong.

jchristo
    The problem is for the link, here is the first message i got from gcc :
    FPrimitive.o:'In function Basic_string<char, string_char_traits<char>, __default_alloc_template<true, 0> >::Rep::copy(unsigned int, char const *, unsigned int)'.basic_string<char, string_char_traits<char>, __default_alloc_template<true, 0> >::Rep::gnu.linkonce.t.copy(unsigned int, char const *, unsigned int)+0x33): Undefined reference to 'string_char_traits<char>::copy(char *, char const, unsignedint)'

Originally posted by jchristo
    The problem is for the link, here is the first message i got from gcc :
    FPrimitive.o:'In function Basic_string<char, string_char_traits<char>, __default_alloc_template<true, 0> >::Rep::copy(unsigned int, char const *, unsigned int)'.basic_string<char, string_char_traits<char>, __default_alloc_template<true, 0> >::Rep::gnu.linkonce.t.copy(unsigned int, char const *, unsigned int)+0x33): Undefined reference to 'string_char_traits<char>::copy(char *, char const, unsignedint)'
    The problem is in your compiler environment setup. The Basic_string class is a standard class that's included. The compiler should know where to find the object for that class for linking. But the error message points to that your compiler was not able to find the class. Try using g++ to compile it instead of gcc. If that still doesn't work, there's some setup to be done with your compiler and it's impossible to tell what with the compile time error message.

jchristo
    Everything work fine now, thanks for your help.

Merci

Mmmm

Originally posted by jchristo
    I try to use open-swf sdk with linux and I got problems with the linker (gcc 2.95.2) and the bas_string function...
    can anyone help me?
    thanks
    I (blah blah)try to use open-swf (boo hoo)sdk with linux and (woe is me)I got problems with the linker (gcc 2.95.2) and the bas_string(oh mummy) function...
    can anyone help me?

T O S S P O T

can't you even wipe your own arse.