A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sound processing?

flashguy

Sound processing?

Hi,

I am working on a AS 2.0 (Flash 8) project that envolves a sound oriented website, and my client have asked me about Flash sound processing capabilities (such as echo, reverb, flanger, phaser, etc). As far as I know Flash CANNOT do it. I have looked for at AS 3.0 documentation and didnt find nothing as well.

I believe that the only way to do that is useing third-party scripting, by processing sound externally and then reloading it into Flash. That's correct?

Do you guys would know to refer me the best language to work together with Flash to do that?

Thanks!
    Visit my business at http://www.ballooncreator.com - Software Tool For Party Balloons Online Design!

I would like to achieve the very same.

I recall seeing some code a while back where someone created a new sound ( through code ) and referenced it to an externally generated file as a byteArray ( rather than a sound from the library )

Now, this is just speculation, and I haven't actually tried it yet, but maybe you could play a sound ( volume 0 ), analyze its sound spectrum, modulate the array with some neat code, then stuff it back into a byteArray and create new sound.

I'm not familiar with sound or byteArrays, but if sound processing is possible in flash, there's certainly no built in functions for it.