A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: PDFs opening behind my CD interface

Angry PDFs opening behind my CD interface

I just looked at FooChuck's thread here: http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=794074 and found some good advice, but not an answer for this issue.

I have a CD that autorun's with a Flash EXE interface at full screen. It launches PPT files with no problem. I'm using Northcode's proxy file, so there aren't even any BAT files to make it look clunky when the files open.

BUT whenever I open a PDF, they open BEHIND my flash interface.
    How can I get them to pop to the front?

Is there some kind of "focus" command that I should be using? These PDFs are opening in browser tabs, but that is OK.

Here is the code I'm currently using to open the PDFs:

on (release) {
    getURL("Cutsheets/01-1482.PDF", "_blank");
    }
    Last edited by Graz73; 05-05-2009 at 04:06 PM. Reason: more info

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    Check out this thread

This method DID work. Thanks! BUT, I realized a strange problem. Some of the links were working and others were not. I experimented with a few things and discovered that it does not work if you have a "-" in the file name of the .exe or the .bat

So I had to go in and rename a bunch of the files. The PDFs were fine with the "-" as part of their name though...

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    That's Flash being a little too restrictive and not allowing the "-" in the file name. If you run the EXE directly (with the "-" in the name) it should work just fine.