A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Leo Burnett Navigation

Leo Burnett Navigation

Does anyone know how this was accomplished, and if there are any tutorials out there showing how to create this effect?

http://www.leoburnett.com/

cheers,

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    Wow, they really ruined his site. It used to be really really awesome!

Now their effect looks like Papervision, and it's nothing groundbreaking anymore. Just some basic (cheap looking) 3d effects.

Poor Leo.

i was wondering if it was papervision. thanks.

Ө_ө sleepy mod
    Yeesh - that site used to be a great example of functional non-standard UI - looks like they "updated" :\

Do you guys know if there is any way to recreate this effect without papervision and just use flash? or would it be easier and quicker to use papervision you think?
    Last edited by whytefly; 05-06-2009 at 12:40 PM.

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    It would be easiest to use some sort of 3d engine. Especially in their case with the 3d model of his name in the center.

If you were just shooting for the 3d objects floating in space, you can get by with many of the other 3d engines out there, or even use the native Flash 10 3d.

Yeah...well, it's still nonstandard, it's just rife with poor UI choices. It's hard to click on things, which is the worst aspect of it. The PV3D looks alright, I guess. I'm with Taco on this one...

uh, you're definitely not gonna get path extrusions like that out of the flash 3d engine though. Try away3d.com ...honestly though, forget about tutorials; there's no roadmap for this stuff, and you're going to have to figure out what you're doing one mistake at a time... doing this could take a year if you don't know haven't done it before... (took me six months to make my fluid 3d site, and I've been coding for a long... longgggg.... time.......... arg)