A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Need Help: how to Increment, Button, Cursor

Post Need Help: how to Increment, Button, Cursor

helo, kinda new in flash and here's the project that i'm doing, in adobe flash cs3 version, I attached a sample screeen. heres what i want to achiev

SPEED : 100%
    TIME ON: 12:00 AM
    TIME OFF: 12:00 AM

lets say the focus is on 100, first of all how do i display the cursor when the focus is on that value.

When the user clik the up button it will increse and vise versa for the down button. And if the user will click the right button the focus will go now to 12 in time off so when the user click again the up button it will become 13

TIME ON: 13:00 AM

And then when the user click the right button again it will go to 00 and the user can increase and decrease the value, also on the AM (AM/PM)
    same goes on to the time off

I would really appreciate it if your able to give me fla file,

Thanks so much for the help
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is this what u want?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi there, I wasnt able to open it can you send me again the file and by the way i'm using a adobe flash cs3, thanks so much for your help.

this is in cs3
    Attached Files Attached Files

First of all thanks for reply you have such a brilliant mind I'm actually kinda new in coding thats why I will make some follow up on this

The cursor function is right , as you can see on the image that i attached its only the left and right button will go on the next number and if you want to increase or decrease the value only the up and down arrow are the only keys to click, plus theres another thing also on AM and PM still if you want to make it AM or PM the up and down arrow are still gonna used, let me know if you do have some question. if yo have some yahoo messenger I would like to really chat with you thanks so much

heres the button type i'm talking thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

So do you mean to say the behavior on pressing UP and DOWN will depend upon the cursor position? (Whether to increase/decrease number or to change AM/PM.) If so you just need to check the cursor position(_x) and depending on its value you can take the corresponding action.
    myListener.onKeyDown = function ()
    {
    case Key.UP:{
    if(crsr._y == 85)
    {
    if(crsr._x== time._x)
    {
    num1++;
    txt1.text=num1;
    }
    else
    {
    if( am_txt.text == "AM")
    am_txt.text = "PM";
    else
    am_txt.text = "AM";
    }
    }
    else
    {
    num2++;
    txt2.text=num2;
    }
    }
    };

hi there, thanks again for reply, from what i noticed your code is actually based on the keypad, the button that I inserted is actually a layout in flash when you pressed the up button it will increase its value and then when you click the down button it will decrease, would that be ok if lets say you can create a button in flash with up, down, let and right arrow and then with the functionality that i've mention. thanks hope we could chat

this is the data that we need to modify

TIME ON: 12:00 AM
    Last edited by marklaid; 05-12-2009 at 10:23 AM.