A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 43 of 96 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

Quote Originally Posted by Disaru View Post
    I've played as eternity decks, and its not overpowering. An artic squid, which prevents a card from being used for 3 turns, whereas eternity allows u to play it the turn after. All you have to do is mass-summon all your monsters.
    Eternity is not broken because the AI doesn't do well with predicting the future.

If it had an Eternity in hand and waited to play and then use it against your creatures when you had a low count, and stored up reverse times to deal with you flooding it, you'd find yourself in a lot more trouble.

Edit: Also a thought about true pvp. If there's any concern about hacking decks or other issues like that, initially I think it would be awesome even with no reward. So you'd select to play, enter the name (Match up via forum or something) and then have the pvp match when your opponent did the same for you. No coins, no cards, no reward at all for it -- just the fun of getting to test your deck against your opponent. That seems like a good starting point.
    Last edited by Bianary; 07-10-2009 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Disaru View Post
    I've played as eternity decks, and its not overpowering. An artic squid, which prevents a card from being used for 3 turns, whereas eternity allows u to play it the turn after. All you have to do is mass-summon all your monsters.

And I agree with druidic staff. It should attack 3 hp, and heal 3 hp for every 10 life quantum.
    I did say that it isn't a problem currently because of the AI. But, the whole point of what I was saying is that once an opponent is ahead in the game, he can lock you down, and prevent you from ever drawing a new card. So, if you have no answers, you lose. Arctic squid is somewhat annoying, but it is much easier to deal with, and doesn't stop you from drawing cards.

Drawing cards matters a lot. It gives you CARD ADVANTAGE. Card advantage is the advantage you have over an opponent based on how many cards you have. It is similar to material advantage in chess. Although some cards are stonger than others, they all have the same value when it comes to drawing them, because they are an unknown until drawn. Card advantage is also the reason why earthquake is so powerful. It is a 3 for 1, in other words, it deals with three cards at the cost of one card. That is why it is effective. Eternity can prevent a player from gaining any cards for the rest of the game. That is an extreme amount of card advantage.

A pretty simple yet fun game you got here :]

Anyway, just wanted to point out that "reverse time" is overpowered.
    I mean, it's THE best way to get rid of monsters.

Compare it to Lightning which does only 5 dmg and costs 3 quantums OR Firebolt which costs 3 and requirs you to have a huge amount of fire q to inflict any serious damage.

Reverse Time costs TWO, but kills ANY monster without ANY disadvantage, even if it had 20 lifepoints.

Maybe the creator of that card thought that returning monster on top of the deck is some sort of advantage for the player on whom Reverse Time was used.
    IT'S NOT.

It it EXACTLY same as KILLING a monster with let's say Lightning and then drawing the same monster, just because it happened to be the next card in the deck.
    It ALSO slows down the deck by 1 turn.

You don't get an extra card because your strongest monster was killed by Reverse Time.
    I think that it was meant to return the monster to the HAND not on top of the deck.
    If it returned the monster to hand, it would probably be balanced.

Hope it will be fixed, the game is great and looking forward to PvP :P

, don't forget you could also use Reverse Time on your own monsters to save them.

what about adding cards with discard abilities?
    (it must be dark element i think)
    the variants are:
    opponent discards a card(cards) from his hand
    opponent discards a card(cards) at random from his hand
    you look at your opponent's hand and choose a card/cards which he discards

Quote Originally Posted by Kabelis View Post
    You don't get an extra card because your strongest monster was killed by Reverse Time.
    I think that it was meant to return the monster to the HAND not on top of the deck.
    If it returned the monster to hand, it would probably be balanced.
    I doubt it can return the monster to hand, due to the limitations of having to have no more than 8 cards in your hand. I was thinking it putting the monster on the bottom of the target's deck would be the best fix for Reverse Time.

Perhaps randomly inserted into opponent's deck???

--rob77dp

Quote Originally Posted by rob77dp View Post
    Perhaps randomly inserted into opponent's deck??
    That could work too, it's just that time isn't supposed to be the random element and that gets some unpredictable effects imo.

Quote Originally Posted by bot! View Post
    what about adding cards with discard abilities?
    (it must be dark element i think)
    the variants are:
    opponent discards a card(cards) from his hand
    opponent discards a card(cards) at random from his hand
    you look at your opponent's hand and choose a card/cards which he discards
    I sure hope these never go in. Pillar/quantum destruction is bad enough, forced discards would really frustrate me (And many other people. I can't think of anyone who enjoys playing against decks that use them in mtg). And if it did have to go in, I'd look at Death if it was one of the dark elements, because Black already has devourers and doesn't need a second form of denial. Alternatively (Again, if it must go in), Entropy could work for a random discard ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabelis View Post
    A pretty simple yet fun game you got here :]

Anyway, just wanted to point out that "reverse time" is overpowered.
    I mean, it's THE best way to get rid of monsters.
    I don't think Reverse Time is overpowered. I have never used a Time deck myself, and I have been able to consistently defeat a Time deck with Reverse Time and Eternity with an Aether, Gravity or Aether/Gravity deck.

You just need specific strategies to deal with a Time deck.

For example: when I use an Aether deck against a Time opponent, I expect him to have Reverse Time and Eternity. So I withhold my powerful cards and save up my quanta until I summon a lot of powerful creatures in one turn. Then I summon two Phase Dragons, and I duplicate the dragons with three or four Parallel Dimensions. All done in a single turn. So my opponent won't be able to conjure up enough Reverse Time to discharge my four, five or six Phase Dragons at once; and he will be dead in two turns. Another strategy is to use Immortal that can't be targeted by Reverse Time.

For some other opponents and in some other situations, withholding cards is suicidal. You just need different strategies to deal with different elements.
    Last edited by ktchong; 07-10-2009 at 03:04 PM.

'm getting tired of playing the tutorial trying to get coins to play the real match. Wish I could throw out my cards and buy new ones. 30min just to get to the Bizarre. stinks.

when u use steal on a bone wall
    you get only one wall,not 7...
    is it a bug or everything is ok?

Have more new cards been added? Just played against a deck with "mark of fire".

Never seen that card before, and it's not in the bazaar.

Also, I've been trying a dissipation deck. I don't see it as overpowered as some seem to be saying. If it works the way it's designed, your opponent gets to use his entire deck and if he can't beat you with that, it's just a weak deck that can prob be beat by most anything.

Edit:

Also found a bug. I stole the weapon that has momentum (can't remember name but turns into a 7/70! when flying). Next turn I cast flying weapon and owls eye and my owls eye was als able to bypass my opponent's shield.

A suggestion- the manage deck could use a scrollbar so I can see all my cards. I know about clicking on the individual elements which is why it's a suggestion not a bug!
    Last edited by marauder68; 07-10-2009 at 11:14 PM.

Marauder:

The Mark of Fire and Mark of Death (heard a rumor it was floating around too?) are just "bug mistakes" from earlier in the releases of Elements. If I am remembering zanzarino's forum explanation correctly, it was a bug in the slots and only a VERY few qty of them got loose. He hasn't 'fixed' the Mark cards b/c they act just like pillars but stack separate from them - so few of them exist this is only a minor advantage to anyone and mostly just against Earthqauke at that. Also, he mentioned leaving it alone unless in the future it caused problems.

Hope that helps clear some of it up for you!

--rob77dp

Quote Originally Posted by rob77dp View Post
    Marauder:

The Mark of Fire and Mark of Death (heard a rumor it was floating around too?) are just "bug mistakes" from earlier in the releases of Elements. If I am remembering zanzarino's forum explanation correctly, it was a bug in the slots and only a VERY few qty of them got loose. He hasn't 'fixed' the Mark cards b/c they act just like pillars but stack separate from them - so few of them exist this is only a minor advantage to anyone and mostly just against Earthqauke at that. Also, he mentioned leaving it alone unless in the future it caused problems.

Hope that helps clear some of it up for you!

--rob77dp
    Thanks! Too bad I didn't win one

Earthquake proof pillars sound like a good idea- since they aren't "pillars" I would assume they are limited to only 6 in a deck.

Also, instead of making the slot machine give pillars, why not just make it give random cards, not limited to just what your opponent has?

ANy help?

Any one know how to break the cycle of win 2 coins only to lose them on level on can't get new cards must have 32 Or what ever?

too bad it looks like a fun game if you win some once in a wile.

Quote Originally Posted by rock0head132 View Post
    Any one know how to break the cycle of win 2 coins only to lose them on level on can't get new cards must have 32 Or what ever?

too bad it looks like a fun game if you win some once in a wile.
    Starting out, you have to specialize your deck. Try getting it down to two colors so its more reliable by removing some of the other colors. Stil have to keep 30 cards so as you build up some coins buy more cards of the two colors you chose and eliminate others.

It's annoying at start, I know. Should be easier. But it gets better!

well, a good way to make it so eternity isnt overpowered, would probably be to make it run on charges, so it could come into play with one charge, and once thats done, it takes one turn and cost 0 quantams to recharge it, then cost 3 time quantams to reverse time again, so basically it can effectively only reverse time every other turn.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by marauder68 View Post
    Starting out, you have to specialize your deck. Try getting it down to two colors so its more reliable by removing some of the other colors. Stil have to keep 30 cards so as you build up some coins buy more cards of the two colors you chose and eliminate others.

It's annoying at start, I know. Should be easier. But it gets better!
    thanks

About some of the questions I read on the forum...

Bone Wall:
    Yes steal and deflagration work on only 1 shield, it is intended, it is one of the bone wall strength points and it makes steal and deflagration less "mandatory" in a deck build.
    Using a new bone wall cards to ADD 7 charges is feasible but (maybe) it would make bone wall too powerful (it seems to me like it is a very different and balanced defensive strategy as it is right now)

Manage deck with scroll bar:
    I didn't do it, and I'll never do it because Flash simply ignores the video card in your pc, that means no graphic acceleration whatsoever and the CPU does all the work. Putting a scroll bar there that moves around 100 pictures would make the game so slow that you would have time to send ma an email complaining about how slow the manage deck is... while waiting for the cards to move on the screen.
    And I don't want a few thousand emails in my inbox.

I am not going to do any change to elements for a few weeks because I am in the middle of preparing a major patch for elements that will add the real time pvp system. I'll let you guys know when a beta pvp version is ready so we can try it and see if the server can stand it.

Quote Originally Posted by marauder68 View Post
    Also found a bug. I stole the weapon that has momentum (can't remember name but turns into a 7/70! when flying). Next turn I cast flying weapon and owls eye and my owls eye was als able to bypass my opponent's shield.
    this card is called "Titan"
    and it is not a bug,it gives momentum to all your damage sorces