A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 77 of 96 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1913

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

Quote Originally Posted by Disaru View Post
    I'm going to have to agree with Moonloop. Sixones, the more I see your posts, the more I notice all you do is jump to arguing againt each new post or person's opinion! lol. But in all honesty, Moonloop was trying to give new suggestions to make the game better and help Zanz with advertising ideas. All you did was bash his ideas, so either you could contribute too or possibly stfu?

I actually liked his referral idea. Nothing too drastic, but maybe when a new player is making an account, putting down whoever referred them, and the referrer would receive like 10 coins. Obviously, this could be exploited, but you'd need to make a new email account for each new account (can't be referred if you have the same email as referrer, obvious exploiter) and that takes longer than just playing a level 2 game. I dont know, I think it's a decent idea.

@ Sixones: btw, towers don't prevent being denied using a fire mark for deflag. Devourers can still keep targetting your fire quanta each turn, which makes all your deflags pretty useless if you make only 1 fire quanta per turn and lose it the next turn.
    Yeah, I'll be honest, I'm a pretty argueing type of guy. Mostly because I'm in a bad mood whenever I go to the forums because that means the opposing player is taking a full 60 seconds because they forgot to press space or because they left after they knew they were going to lose.
    And the thought of just thinking about the daily spam I get from referrals put me in a worse mood than I was.

And on your last comment, towers do (atleast from what I've noticed) significantly help your quantum gain against denial decks. Atleast since I am like 60% towers 40% pillars I've noticed its harder to get rid of my quantom generators because if I have a stack of 2 towers here, and 1 pillar there, they can't get them all in 1 EQ, they'd need to use 2. And in most cases in denial decks they only generate earth marks from their mark, meaning it would take another 3 turns. In that time I would just draw another few pillars/towers typically anyways. In short: No, I didn't mean prevent denials completely, I meant it helps a lot against them.

When you click to play T50, then click back to menu without starting the game, did it always subtract 15 gold from your total? Or is that recent?

Quote Originally Posted by markson View Post
    When you click to play T50, then click back to menu without starting the game, did it always subtract 15 gold from your total? Or is that recent?
    Always has - is the only deterrent to just finding a rare-laden top 50 deck and going in and out until you face that one deck. At least this way you have to "pay" coin/score to do it. At least this is how I see it...

--rob77dp

Iám tired of all the cheting in Elements. Its no fun to play PVP. summun creatures with no quantums and gain 100 lifepoint from nowhere. i suggest that you build a report page there you can report a players who cheats an block thire accont. last i playde against
    PL20. i won but its no fun. this wasent the firts time.

Quote Originally Posted by r3h0ld3r View Post
    Just an fyi, I was just playing and I got a message from the flash player saying someone was trying to access my files on my computer and asked if I wanted to allow it. I denied it of course, but...I suppose everyone should keep their eyes open...

mochiads.com was who was trying to access my files...explanation anyone?
    It was asking to for more room to store info on your computer. The usual default is 100kb, more than enough for most flash programs, but mochiads seems to have a leek problem that causes it to ballon up to capacity after awhile. You can disable it by going to http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/ . On the right side under support click on "settings manager". From there click on "What are storage settings?" and then click on "Website Storage Settings panel". It should come up with a page showing what sites have stored flash player info on your computer. Scan the list until you get to mochiads.com and click "Never ask about this site again" which will erase the info mochiads has on your computer and should stop that incredibly annoying popup from appearing again (you may have to close out and restart firefox for the new setting to take effect).
    Last edited by markson; 08-09-2009 at 04:30 AM.

Fun game so far but is there some trick I'm missing about card upgrades?

I don't have much luck with the slot rolls; win probably once out of every ~20 spins. I'm stuck either grinding level 3 wins for 19-20 coins a piece or trying the top 50 which is a crap shoot as to whether I come up against a rare/upgraded heavy deck and wipe out a few previous wins worth of coins

The 2 steps forward, 1 back just make it seem like it will take forever to upgrade my cards let alone ever thinking about dabbling with other decks.

Well, the creator's all but come out and said that he wants upgrades to suck for casual players; they're going to be a major time sink one way or another. There are pretty much two routes you can go:

1. Build a level 3 farming deck based around getting fast wins with mastery; if you win with 100 health, you get 40 gold instead of less than 20. It's... passable starting out, and sinking money into upgrading your farming deck will let you farm even faster, but that takes a looooong time to pay off.

2. Build a level 6 farming deck, cross your fingers, and pray. It takes a lot of luck to win a level 6 fight, and a fair amount of luck to win anything on the slots (although they do seem to pay out slightly more reliably than most of the other AI levels), but the payout is huge when you win upgraded cards from level 6 fights.

Quote Originally Posted by raffe View Post
    Iám tired of all the cheting in Elements. Its no fun to play PVP. summun creatures with no quantums and gain 100 lifepoint from nowhere. i suggest that you build a report page there you can report a players who cheats an block thire accont. last i playde against
    2 Things:

1, there are cards that put you up to 99 health and then another one can just do the last 1 health.

2, PvP bugs up all the time. For instance, I was dueling my brother.. He kept going back to 100 health and his monsters were morphing so I went over there to tell him how stupid that was, and on his screen I was going to 100 health and I had like 10 monsters out that I never had.

Quote Originally Posted by raffe View Post
    It's likely not a hack/cheat, but a desync - when for some reason or another, the PvP server screws up and pulls odd effects, like free creatures and heals. It also splits the game, so you're not playing against each other anymore (there was a post not so long back about that) Its happened to other people too, me included, but seems to have stopped being so common now.

Quote Originally Posted by Disaru View Post
    I actually liked his referral idea. Nothing too drastic, but maybe when a new player is making an account, putting down whoever referred them, and the referrer would receive like 10 coins. Obviously, this could be exploited, but you'd need to make a new email account for each new account (can't be referred if you have the same email as referrer, obvious exploiter) and that takes longer than just playing a level 2 game.
    note, currently the game does NOT require an email address, which is the primary reason i joined myself
    i think the best way to get more people is to make the game so good that people will advertise it themselves with no other incentives (i posted it to a few places 'cuz i like it, not because i get stuff for advertising it)

Quote Originally Posted by zzz123 View Post
    i think the best way to get more people is to make the game so good that people will advertise it themselves with no other incentives (i posted it to a few places 'cuz i like it, not because i get stuff for advertising it)
    And then just have it snowball, even if you only got 2 people hooked on this game, and then they each get 2 more people.. ect.

Suggestions

Nerf Gravity shield or change Phase dragon hp to 1 or less than 5 because that 1 card can destory the entire aether deck which is not that good to begin with

Nerf Devourer...ok Devourer is 1 card and it is equal to +1 pillar for u and -1 pillar for your opponent, if you destroy it with a spell you are still trading -1 mana + 1 card for it, it is too overpowered for such a low cost

solution:
    Make gravity shield unable to completely block phase dragons or just block every other turn so we actually stand a chance against gravity deck since momentum bypass our shield so easily

Make devourer cost 5 mana to play or only steal mana and doesn't gain mana for u

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/4412/60232886.jpg

Things like this piss me off.

1. I can't use my arctic octopus on his ant eater.
    2. I can't steal his weapon.
    3. He has anteaters on the field with 0/0 that should be dead via retrovirus.

Quote Originally Posted by krazykraze View Post
    Suggestions

Nerf Gravity shield or change Phase dragon hp to 1 or less than 5 because that 1 card can destory the entire aether deck which is not that good to begin with

Nerf Devourer...ok Devourer is 1 card and it is equal to +1 pillar for u and -1 pillar for your opponent, if you destroy it with a spell you are still trading -1 mana + 1 card for it, it is too overpowered for such a low cost

solution:
    Make gravity shield unable to completely block phase dragons or just block every other turn so we actually stand a chance against gravity deck since momentum bypass our shield so easily

Make devourer cost 5 mana to play or only steal mana and doesn't gain mana for u
    --Gravity shield is the ONLY straight counter to a phase dragon set up. Mono-aether with 6 phase dragons as your only creatures is ( in my opinion ) the cheapest deck. Some creatures have weaknesses, if you are going to just exploit their strengths and put up 6 unkillable beasts then be expecting to have a weakness.

Suggestion: Put some immortals in your deck.

--Devourers. Again a denial deck counters mono-aether if you let them get their devourers in play. They only have a couple HP's. Too bad you didn't put any lightning in your deck, eh? You took it out to put in.. let me guess.. MORE PHASE DRAGONS AND DIMENSIONAL SHIELDS? And yes, at the maximum if they draw EVERY devourer (which is quite possible since you probably prolonged the game for 18 turns with dimensional shield, if it didn't get stolen) Then you are losing 6 quantums. And you probably have 14-18 pillars in your deck which means you are STILL gaining a phase dragon every turn.

Suggestion: Put more lightnings in your deck if you want to kill them.

Edit: If you were to do your suggestions mono-aether would be even better than it is now. And I know Ggabriel posted earlier about ubiquity in games because of their popularity and how just because of its ubiquity doesn't belie its power or something like that. But, in my opinion, I believe mono-aether is the strongest deck out there. There are PLENTY of ways to get around devourers and around around gravity shield. But you picked the cheap route for aether (As did I =P) and only have phase dragons. There is a reason for cards like lightning and immortals.
    Last edited by sixones; 08-09-2009 at 02:23 PM.

Suggestions

solution:

*note: typed up before sixones reply, but submitted after :S*

The gravity shield and devourer (bone wall too) are keeping pure aether from being stupidly unstoppable. The reason phase dragon has 6 HP is the gravity shield. Every deck type has to have a bullet - a method or methods - that can stop them or challenge them.

In my experimenting and tinkering with different decks over the last two months, I have yet to discover one deck that can consistently beat all others that has not yet been nerfed. This is how it should be, right?

--rob77dp
    Last edited by rob77dp; 08-09-2009 at 02:35 PM. Reason: see note in post

Quote Originally Posted by sixones View Post
    No, not everyone has to build their deck around it. For example, I can beat Seism with a MONO-aether deck 80% the time. He has unlimited earthquakes, and 200 health. If I can do that, you can probably beat a normal player with a mono-color deck as well, you just need the draws.
    You also need to build a deck specifically for that purpose, as you have done with Seism. You are defeating your own point with this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
    in any competitive metagame it frequently happens that players get swept up in a wave of popularity for a given strategy even if it's not actually particularly overpowered. Oftentimes this is a cyclical effect; one strategy gets really popular, so people start switching to a counter-strategy until it becomes really popular, then people move on to a strategy that counters that one, and so on.
    Except that earthquake has enjoyed this phenomenon since it appeared. It is splashed into EVERY color of deck. It's not a fad, it's an auto-include that makes every deck better. EVERY deck.

Quote Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
    if you're at a rock-paper-scissors tournament and half the players are throwing rock all the time, your best bet is to not use scissors instead of expecting the tournament organizers to somehow nerf rock.
    It's more like playing ina rock/paper/super-scissors-that-beat-both-rock-and-paper tournament. And since it is, I'm going to hold off until they nerf the super-scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by CapAp View Post
    You also need to build a deck specifically for that purpose, as you have done with Seism. You are defeating your own point with this statement.
    Actually the deck is for beating miracle, morte, incarnate, and gemini.

Took me about 50 times against Seism to figure out the strat.
    Oh, and its the same deck that you say is "Countered so hard by EQ"

Edit: I *LOVE* How 90% of the people who complain on here are people that play mono-aether and they complain about how other things are SOOOOO overpowered
    Last edited by sixones; 08-09-2009 at 02:43 PM.

Whats a good deck/strategy to farm the false gods?

Farming level 3 is getting boring...

solution:
    er, gravity shield is the ONLY way to really deal with an aether deck (well, that and out-damaging the dragons, but good luck doing that)

there are plenty of workarounds - grab immortals instead of dragons (4/1 instead of 8/6), dual with fire or darkness (and steal or destroy the gravity shields), or just don't play the terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE mono-aether deck which I hate with all my heart

Quote Originally Posted by CapAp View Post
    Except that earthquake has enjoyed this phenomenon since it appeared. It is splashed into EVERY color of deck. It's not a fad, it's an auto-include that makes every deck better. EVERY deck.
    Except no, now you're just being silly. You could claim that earthquake decks are inherently superior to non-earthquake decks--I would dispute you, especially if you were talking about pre-upgrade--but claiming that earthquake makes every deck better is outright absurd. The whole point of earthquake is to shut enemies down right off the bat; if your first earthquake comes out mid-late game, there's a good chance that it will completely fail to accomplish anything. If you're trying to splash non-upgraded earthquake into a deck that's not already a rainbow deck or an earth combo deck (earth/time, earth/darkness, earth/fire, earth/gravity seem to be really the only ones that seem to have any popularity/viability in a competitive sense), there's no way you can hope to reliably get it out quickly enough to justify weakening the core of your deck. Even some of the popular earth combos have trouble effectively using non-upgraded earthquakes (earth/darkness commonly runs few or no stone pillars, earth/gravity is pretty rare but usually doesn't have a lot of stone pillars either.)

Prior to upgrades, I primarily used a FFQ deck for PvP/top 50. I went back and forth on the configuration, but I'd almost always do mono-air pillars with either mark of life or mark of air + 6x nova to get rustlers going. I assert:

1) Attempting to fit earthquake into this deck would make it dramatically less effective. With the 6x nova configuration I had room for a couple of off-color cards; while at times I did use steal which costs the same amount of quanta as earthquake, steal was included specifically to help out in longer-term games, and even then I eventually started using deflagration instead because it was cheaper and more reliable. Including earthquake would either mean removing one of my other, more useful splash cards, or removing one of my main combo setup cards (unacceptable). Including multiple earthquakes and stone pillars would mean doing both, and still wouldn't reliably be able to shoot off earthquakes fast enough to actually shut anyone down.

2) This deck enjoyed great success against earthquake decks in the pre-upgrade era. This is especially true of the nova version, which I adopted primarily for its quick, reliable setups although it does have the added perk of being even more resistant to earthquake strategy (at the cost of being even more vulnerable to creature control--but FFQ decks are going to have difficulty against decks with lots of creature control anyhow).

Now with upgrades in play, including quicksand would be more viable in this deck (although still pretty questionable in my view), and this deck is nowhere near as dominant against upgraded earthquake decks as it used to be against vanilla earthquake decks (even if I was going to shell out to upgrade my FFQ deck, it doesn't have many particularly useful upgrades, especially for this kind of match-up). However, pre-upgrade earthquake was certainly nothing like the unstoppable juggernaut you make it out to be.
    Last edited by ggabriel; 08-09-2009 at 03:23 PM.