A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 46 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

Quote Originally Posted by bot! View Post
    the only situation,when it is necessary,is when you have no pillars at all
    (in MTG you can redraw in this case)
    If so, that's a house rule. The official mulligan rule in MTG is that on the first turn you may discard your entire hand and draw one less card on the redraw (So 6, then 5, then 4, etc.) You may do that regardless of the hand you drew.
    Last edited by Bianary; 07-13-2009 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ktchong View Post
    Bug:

Sometimes, when I summoned a Phase Dragon and then cast Parallel Dimension on the Dragon, both dragons (original + duplicate) disappeared at the end of the turn. They just vanished as if they were Spark.

The last time this happen, I was using an Aether deck against Congeal with an Earth-Time hybrid deck. He had summoned one borrowed Graboid. I summoned a Phase Dragon and used a Parallel Dimension to make a duplicate. Both dragons disappeared immediately at the end of my turn. That was not the first time it happened.

Prior to that, Congeal used Earthquake to destroy my Aether Pillars. So that could be related. (As Earthquake was new, so it could have some coding error that needs to be fixed; I noticed Earthquake and the vanishing dragons had the same sound and effect.)
    I have a further report that may help fix the bug. The bug struck me again, and I noticed a peculiarity:

In my hand, I had two Phase Dragons and two Parallel Dimensions.

First, I summoned one of the Phase Dragons, and I used a Parallel Dimension to duplicate that Phase Dragon.

Then, I summoned the second Phase Dragon, and I used the other Parallel Dimension to duplicate the second Phase Dragon.

So, I had two sets of Phase Dragons on the table: the first original Phase Dragon and its duplicate, and the second original Phase Dragon and its duplicate.

At the end of my turn, the first set of Phase Dragons (i.e., the first Phase Dragon + the first duplicate) remained. However, the second set of Phase Dragons (i.e., the second Phase Dragon + second duplicate) vanished like Spark.

As they vanished, they made the sound/visual effect of Spark (i.e., a flash.) They vanished immediately after I ended my turn and before my opponent started his turn, i.e., between my turn and his turn.

The second original Phase Dragon must have had a bug, and the second Parallel Dimension copied that bug from the original. So they both (the second original + the second duplicate) vanished together. On the other hand, the first original Phase Dragon was fine, and so was the first duplicate.

Which means the bug randomly struck some Phase Dragons but not all.
    Last edited by ktchong; 07-13-2009 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bianary View Post
    If so, that's a house rule. The official mulligan rule in MTG is that on the first turn you may discard your entire hand and draw one less card on the redraw (So 6, then 5, then 4, etc.) You may do that regardless of the hand you drew.
    oh damn...right you are!ty for correction

About Fireflies decks:

I faced them so many times. Firefly queen is usually played in 3/4 rounds, after Rustlers. In my deck usually I play Otyughs: I feed them with Plate armor or Blessing and eat the Rustlers and little Fireflies. Then my Otyughs eat the Firefly queen.

Also Artic sqiud, Freeze, Mutation and some combos works good (Plague+Rain of fire, Lighting+Maxwell's demon/Otyugh).

Useful shields like Titanium, Dimensional, Fire and Ice works good.

Bug in PVP: I had a round end because I got disconnected from the server. Went into my deck and rearranged it, went back out, and started another PvP match. The game began with our hp left at the old values (Before the disconnect) and before the first round was over all cards on the field had vanished. Then it just sat there not drawing cards for anyone and timing out on each side.

Edit: I also keep desyncing randomly, haven't figured out what's causing it. Allowing choice of opponent (And no reward when you do select your opponent) would really help with testing. Mind, I think removing coin reward from pvp might be a good idea anyway. I suspect the desync is related to targetting an enemy's creature -- when I used a mutate on an enemy, they saw a different outcome than me. Plus owl's eyes, otyughs, and firebolts have all behaved oddly. Also I noticed discord seemed to cause a desync between us, my view of his quanta was very different from what he was seeing and then the game ended a round earlier for him than for me.

Edit2: I don't know if this will be any use or not, but my opponent stole a black pillar. Then next turn it flashed a steal on his own new black pillar (The one he stole from me) even though he didn't play anything like that.
    Last edited by Bianary; 07-13-2009 at 07:56 PM.

Time per turn...

zanz,

I am hearing reports and getting feedback (lol - i asked in chat) that 30 seconds seems like it would be plenty per turn to play PvP... would help if someone 'quits' or decides to be a jerk (no names mentioned )...

--rob77dp

The desync definitely seems to be miscommunication in targeting. My opponent used earthquake on my stack of two black pillars, but my game thought he destroyed empathic bond.

Since that's not even a legal move, there's clearly an issue with data being transmitted for enemy targeting going on.

Edit: Also just had a case where my opponent deflagged my weapon, and my game thought he stole it.

Edit2: Just had an opponent owl's eye my entire field clear, and all my creatures are still alive. But after they all should have been dead random arrows started landing on his side and death sounds played though nothing died.
    Last edited by Bianary; 07-13-2009 at 08:55 PM.

unused rolls disappear

unused rolls disappear!

decided to save some time on rolls and accumulate a bunch (5% is *really* low for a win chance more so since rewards are random)

played a level 1 game, won, clicked OK without rolling (1 roll left to use)
    played another level 1 game, won, now have 1 roll left to use instead of 2

Another weird bug to report: self-blessing Firefly Queen

Not a mutant. It was on a level 4 game... dang, I forgot to write down who the opponent was. She popped a firefly, and went from 3/7 to 6/10, no blessing card or animation involved.

Could it be made so the server detects who's already playing? It gets tiresome to always face the same opponent because people are multi-boxing.

Edit: Also, a bug -- the first round discord is out, it never scrambles the enemy's quanta.
    Last edited by Bianary; 07-14-2009 at 01:18 AM.

I have a suggestion; for those of us with short attention spans and little time to play the game, but still want to get the best deck possible, why not, at Lvl. 4, if the player beats the opponent and gains 'elemental master' status (beats with 100hp left), why not allow the player to automatically receive one card from the other deck, no spin required? This would allow players to start building powerful decks quickly, allowing for more competition in the game. Only a suggestion though, but seeing as half my wins are with full health nowadays, I feel like I should be rewarded more than just 30 more electrum. =D

bug - in pvp

the player was allowed to play firebolt and a dragon with no quantum for that ..

On that one:

in the first turn an undefined untargetable creature come out and negative quantum to play Dimensional Shield

On that one:

there is the negative quantum again played to drop the dragon .. and he steal my dragon to his pillar part
    Last edited by -Samura-; 07-14-2009 at 04:32 AM.

After a match where I discussed what I was seeing with my opponent as it progressed, I've verified mutation is not properly transmitting its impacts - I'd see my creature be destroyed, he'd see it turn into a special mutant. Things like that, multiple times during the game.

Edit: Of course, it IS Entropy. Maybe the desync should stay for it. Seems appropriate.
    Last edited by Bianary; 07-14-2009 at 04:37 AM.

okay i got a couple ideas about how to fix earthquake, cause in my opinion its still overpowered(although not as much as it used to be when it cost one).
    my first idea is to make it so instead of destroying 3 pillars, it destroys 1/3rd of the pillars in the stack, rounded up, this way if you got say 3 pillars, it wont make you pillarless and defenseless, and if you got 10 pillars, it would drag you down to 6 pillars.

my second idea of how to fix earthquake is to make it so instead of destroying pillars, it sort of destroys one and freezes 2 in a stack so they dont produce quantams, with maybe one being unfrozen every turn, so you slowly get your pillars back. of course then so it wouldnt be a crappy card, eq would have its cost changed back to 1 or 2. i suppose if they were frozen it could be called somthing like shockwave or tremors for the effect name.

also something somewhat unrelated, i think devourers should be effected by shields, i mean they can pass any shield, and even attack while frozen. and in my opinion, they should really just be a creature that attacks with quantam draining, and not damage, and that attack should be able to be blocked by a shield

Someone should start a wiki to catalog all the cards and cookie-cutter decks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragorak2 View Post
    also something somewhat unrelated, i think devourers should be effected by shields, i mean they can pass any shield, and even attack while frozen. and in my opinion, they should really just be a creature that attacks with quantam draining, and not damage, and that attack should be able to be blocked by a shield
    I agree about certain shields blocking them, but...can you imagine blessed devourers if they stole based on their damage? That's sick, wrong, and very likely overpowered.

Titan (the rare card/weapon) doesn't show a Momentum symbol while in play.

Here are couple suggestions for defensive spells:

Confusion: Target one creature, which attacks its master for a certain number of turns.

Mass Confusion: Target all enemy creatures, which attack its master for a certain number of turns.

Could be for Entropy or Darkness.
    Last edited by ktchong; 07-14-2009 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ktchong View Post
    Someone should start a wiki to catalog all the cards and cookie-cutter decks.
    I've got a half-complete card list, and I'm setting up a wikia for it now.

http://www.elementsthegame.wikia.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ragorak2 View Post
    okay i got a couple ideas about how to fix earthquake, cause in my opinion its still overpowered (although not as much as it used to be when it cost one)...
    I really think Earthquake should cost 5 quanta to destroy 3 pillars in a stack. The problem with Earthquake now is that it comes in play too quickly and too early in the game.

I can think of a few metagame solutions to balance out Earthquake:

1. Give us more creatures, spells and non-pillar permanents that generate, convert and steal quanta. They shouldn't upset game balance because a deck can have only up to six of each creature/spell/non-pillar permanent, so pillars will still be essential for generating mass amounts of quanta.

Here are potential creatures/permanents/spells that can convert quanta:
      • Shadow: a creature that coverts Light into Darkness
      • Vaporize: a spell that converts certain quantity of Water into Air
      • Combust: converts Air into Fire, also damages enemy at the the same time
      • Arrow of Time or Vector: converts Time into Entropy
      • Dilation: converts Time into Gravity
      • Spacetime or Curvature: a permanent that converts certain quantity of Gravity into Time (or vice versa)
      • Magnetic Field: a permanent that converts Earth into Gravity
      • Reservoir: multiplies Water generated per turn.
      • Etc.

2. Creatures that protect pillar, i.e., some sort of guardian or protector. The creatures can protect pillars (either all pillars or a single stack) from being destroyed or stolen, as long as the creatures are alive.

3. Permanents or spells that multiply quanta generated every turn. Earthquake should be able to destroy these permanents as well, so players who have Earthquake should decide if they want to get rid of the opponent's pillars or multipliers (depending on the situations.)
    Last edited by ktchong; 07-14-2009 at 04:08 PM.