A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 22 of 96 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

Quote Originally Posted by kethaq View Post
    No worries there. I have more card types than fit in the display. In fact I can only see half my time cards, and none of my darkness or aether cards when I display all card types. It just means I need to display the cards by individual elements to use them. no big deal
    Thank you for quelling my fears!

I'm curious what people are getting for rares. I have a Trident, Owl's Eye, Arsenic, Lobotomizer, two Vampire Stillettos(bah!), and three Fahrenheits. What are the rest of you guys getting?

Quote Originally Posted by Levethix View Post
    I'm curious what people are getting for rares. I have a Trident, Owl's Eye, Arsenic, Lobotomizer, two Vampire Stillettos(bah!), and three Fahrenheits. What are the rest of you guys getting?
    Dude thats a lot of rares. I only have a artic squid, 2 owl eyes, and a fahrenheit.

What is thetrident?

I have eternity, owls eye ( seems to be fairly easy to get), druidic staff, and vampire stilletto.

What is thetrident?

I have eternity, owls eye ( seems to be fairly easy to get), druidic staff, and vampire stilletto.
    Oh man...I vaguely recall the trident from when the rares were available in the beta. But I don't recall its stats at all!

My playing has kinda tapered off since I decided to wait for the next patch (It sounds interesting) so all I've got for rares is a vampire stiletto, fahrenheit, and morning star.

Aww... I have only 2 rare weapons :S .. I think is because I mainly only play pvp

1 Fahrenheit
    1 Owl's Eye

I had gain 1 Devonian Dragon when he was rare, and I gain and bought a few arctic squids when they was not rare

@ kethaq
    Pulverizer : cost: 5 earth, damage: 5, special: 3 gravity - shatter the target permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by -Samura- View Post
    @ kethaq
    Pulverizer : cost: 5 earth, damage: 5, special: 3 gravity - shatter the target permanent.
    Ah, then Trident must be the one that destroys up to 3 pillars in a pile.

What is thetrident?

The Trident actually has a misprint - it says it costs three aether, but it actually costs three water, it deals four damage per turn, and has the ability to destroy three pillars in the target cluster for three earth. I noticed someone put this effect for the pulverizer, but the pulverizer actually destroys one target permanent of any kind, its like a deflagration you can use every turn.

I did not even realize that the arctic squid is a rare card now. You used to be able to buy it from the bazaar for 98 electrons. I feel so stupid, if had done what you did by buying six of everything, I'd have six more rare cards now. See you later, I'm going to go buy six of everything now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bianary View Post
    Thanks for the comments and input. I updated the list of rares. it is on page 21

you guys have so many rares. I only have two Fahrenheits, but I suppose that's because 80% of my score was from version 0.3. I haven't played that much recently.

Offtopic: I think the game hates me . Every time I get the chance to versus my own deck, I end up being Nova-less for the entire game. I don't even get the chance to fight back D:! Haha.
    Last edited by icecue7; 06-15-2009 at 09:57 PM.

I did not even realize that the arctic squid is a rare card now. You used to be able to buy it from the bazaar for 98 electrons. I feel so stupid, if had done what you did by buying six of everything, I'd have six more rare cards now. See you later, I'm going to go buy six of everything now.
    If it was during the beta, that was because he opened all rares for sale then - buying it up wouldn't have helped you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bianary View Post
    If it was during the beta, that was because he opened all rares for sale then - buying it up wouldn't have helped you.
    hmm.. no.... Arctic Squid was not rare before the beta-V0.4 .. I remember that very well because when it was V0.3 there was no water Dragon on sale (nor on rare, as far as I know...) - like Aether ... and like Aether that had the Immortal instead of a Dragon, water had Arctic Squid

@kethaq
    Fahrenheit cost: 5 fire, damage: 4 + x, special: extra damage, x is numer of fire quanta diveded by 5
    Last edited by -Samura-; 06-15-2009 at 10:28 PM.

Aww... I have only 2 rare weapons :S .. I think is because I mainly only play pvp
    That's a shame... I was sure you'd have at least a dozen. Of course, I think that Zanzarino should award you one for your crazy score anyway. I don't think it's because you mainly play pvp though, because I've won all my rares, but one of the Fahrenheits, in pvp.

That's a shame... I was sure you'd have at least a dozen. Of course, I think that Zanzarino should award you one for your crazy score anyway. I don't think it's because you mainly play pvp though, because I've won all my rares, but one of the Fahrenheits, in pvp.
    oh.. lol.. thx you are too kind .. but my score was mainly build before V0.4, (28k of them..) .. and on V0.3 there weren't much rares circulating in pvp .. mainly ppl could only got rares on the 0-3 lvls ... only days ago zanzarino opened a TheElements deck on pvp - and that time I spent a lot of my games trying to make a non-Nova anti-Nova deck work .. my fault ! .. and now i think the TheElements deck is not on pvp anymore :\ ... aww..

anyway, i think, looking at others ... you got a lucky strike on getting those rares congrats

EDIT: YaY! just won a Lobotomizer! I guess was against your deck? (ah..don't remember ..)
    Last edited by -Samura-; 06-16-2009 at 01:05 AM.

EDIT: YaY! just won a Lobotomizer! I guess was against your deck? (ah..don't remember ..)
    Awesome! I wouldn't be surprised if it was my deck because I just won another one... by beating my own deck. So I have two in my deck now.

I really wish that we could trade them, because I would definitely trade some of mine for it. That is, if you wanted something different.
    Last edited by Levethix; 06-16-2009 at 01:24 AM.

Hi guys, finally decided to register to give some feedback. Making a deck without Nova feels completely useless most of the time. Even the fastest firefly or poison decks or even phase shield decks fall easily. The only way I lose is if I don't get my first nova. Once I get one, its pretty much over.

Below is the 30 card deck I have setup. Using Fireflys for white to push out the blessings and then crowd control freeze/RTs, and finally a touch of deflag and then parallel unis. I can usually get 3 12/12 lychs out in 2-3 rounds unless I hit a deck that is similar to my own.

MARK = AETHER
    Lycanthrope x4
    Nova x 6
    Poison x 3
    Deflagration x 2
    Freeze x 3
    Blessing x 3
    Firefly x 2
    Reverse Time x 4
    Parallel Universe x 3

grats on a very well done game though, look forward to a little bit more balancing, not sure off the top of my head what would make nova better besides just removing it completely.

thinking about it a bit more what if it had a semi-random effect to play NOVA, it is entropy after all

>>still gives 2 of each quantum, 50% chance to cost 3 life/50% chance to poison self for 3 life

this way decks that try to start fast with 2-3 NOVAs have a chance to poison themselves for 6-9
    Last edited by RevKilljoy; 06-16-2009 at 03:17 PM.

Hi, I just wanted to say the I'm 100% behind some changes to Nova. The game could be so much more than first turn Nova lycans and poisons. Im looking forward to trying out what ever comes down.

@ Zan Hi I have been playing the game for a couple days and am addicted to it! I was actually suprised how well the game was constructed. I would like to see alot more cards so different strategies are implemented. I would like to see a creature that removes a poision status for energy cost. I would also like to see a change to nova. I dont hate the card because it allows for multi-colored decks but since it is an entropy card it should be more random or cost the player more energy/life to use.

@ Levethix I just got morning star and used it pretty often before my brother used my account and changed it from air to aether. The fireflies gave out enough light to use it everytime it popped up. I also had a feirenhiet but I sold it not knowing what it was in the begining of the game.

@ shattari I just beat your deck today using lightning and phasing out. But only had 1 hit point left when I won, haha. Then I won a grabloid off of you.

Graboids! Get your red hot shattari fried Graboids! lol The way I play that deck works much better than how the AI uses it. What I do is get like 3 or so graboids burrowed down and then save up enough for 3 or so copy spells. Then all in one turn I spend the mana to turn them into shreekers and copy them so that like 6 or 9 or what ever shriekers go off all at once and the AI does not have a chance to fireball/revers time/freeze/eat/lighting them.

Yeah I know the deck can be played better. I just got lucky beating it really. Even when the AI played it was pretty hard. I had like 4 shriekers on me before I knew what hit me.