A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 86 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 1913

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

Anybody know what the score you need to beat to get into the top 50 is?

Quote Originally Posted by sixones View Post
    Atm its about 18K as I saw that number 48 had about that much.

Quote Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
    That's kind of how level 6 works. It takes a lot of losses for every win, but when you do the payoff is potentially huge.

If you're going the mono-aether route, you really really really want lobotomizer. If you don't have it, and aren't particularly attached to whatever rares you might have, it may be worth starting over to choose lobotomizer as your rare weapon--it really makes that much difference, and although it'll take you a while to get back to where you can take on level 6 again you'll be so much more successful with it that in the long run you'd quite probably be better off. You still can turn a profit on level 6 with mono-aether even without lobotomizer, but it'll be slow going until you've got a fair number of upgrades. You can sometimes get lucky and reap a huge windfall though.

Alternately, if you care about your time investment more than you care about your score or record, I still do like taking dive/parallel universe and just farming Miracle specifically. Take your aether deck, switch to mark of air, change all your dragons to parallel universes, and substitute 3-4 wyrms/wind pillars in place of some of your aether pillars. Then repeatedly quit against every level 6 enemy that comes up until you run into Miracle. Most of the level 6 decks will shut down dive/PU so often it's not worth bothering, but there are just so many ways this deck can beat Miracle that it can pull off wins even with draws so bad they'd kill any other deck, so you've got as near a guarantee as you can get. Kill Miracle, take your spins, rinse, repeat. You're not getting that much profit per fight since you're losing so many for every victory--but since you're blowing through losses so rapidly, you're doing pretty well in terms of the amount of time you actually spend (getting a level 6 win every 10, maybe 15 minutes). If you have lobotomizer you can afford to actually take a swing against Incarnate and Fire Queen too; this will slow you down a bit, but not too badly, and you'll profit a bit more reliably.
    i do have lobotomizer so ill keep plugging and see whats up, thanks

That's kind of how level 6 works. It takes a lot of losses for every win, but when you do the payoff is potentially huge.

If you're going the mono-aether route, you really really really want lobotomizer. If you don't have it, and aren't particularly attached to whatever rares you might have, it may be worth starting over to choose lobotomizer as your rare weapon--it really makes that much difference, and although it'll take you a while to get back to where you can take on level 6 again you'll be so much more successful with it that in the long run you'd quite probably be better off. You still can turn a profit on level 6 with mono-aether even without lobotomizer, but it'll be slow going until you've got a fair number of upgrades. You can sometimes get lucky and reap a huge windfall though.

Alternately, if you care about your time investment more than you care about your score or record, I still do like taking dive/parallel universe and just farming Miracle specifically. Take your aether deck, switch to mark of air, change all your dragons to parallel universes, and substitute 3-4 wyrms/wind pillars in place of some of your aether pillars. Then repeatedly quit against every level 6 enemy that comes up until you run into Miracle. Most of the level 6 decks will shut down dive/PU so often it's not worth bothering, but there are just so many ways this deck can beat Miracle that it can pull off wins even with draws so bad they'd kill any other deck, so you've got as near a guarantee as you can get. Kill Miracle, take your spins, rinse, repeat. You're not getting that much profit per fight since you're losing so many for every victory--but since you're blowing through losses so rapidly, you're doing pretty well in terms of the amount of time you actually spend (getting a level 6 win every 10, maybe 15 minutes). If you have lobotomizer you can afford to actually take a swing against Incarnate and Fire Queen too; this will slow you down a bit, but not too badly, and you'll profit a bit more reliably.
    Well I just wasted 90 bucks getting wiped by Seism rwice and then Graviton. My lands get destroyed or my shields get killed with Explosion. O well.

Depends on which ones you play. And you have to learn their strategies from playing them.

--Incarnate should be your easiest.
    --2nd should be Miracle. Was one of my hardest for the longest time. Until you learn the strat. Have to keep cards in your hand and then zerg him dead all at once before he uses Miracle.
    --Seism is easy once you get the hang of how to use pillars against him. (But easier with towers)
    --Firefly Queen is killable but you need to get your Lobo early in the game and use it on his FFQ's to keep him down.

Note: These are the easiest for mono-aether because they are the only ones that can't destroy your shield.
    Replace Seism with Morte and those are the fake gods I can usually beat, unless I get a crappy draw. I still get pwned everytime I face Seism, but beat Morte about 75% of the time. You definitely need to lobotomize the Ray of Light cards as Morte will play Miracle.

I think I'm barely in the T50 with around 18k. Of course that will change if some of the veterans that don't play as often decide to submit their score...

Quote Originally Posted by velz View Post
    Well I just wasted 90 bucks getting wiped by Seism rwice and then Graviton. My lands get destroyed or my shields get killed with Explosion. O well.
    What I've done lately is grind level 3 until I get 1000 gold then go fight the fake gods until I run out of cash and start again. It kinda adds a little variety as you can play around with other decks/strategies while facing level 3. And if you want to blitz through level 3, marauder68's aether-life deck works really well for getting mastery on level 3. Although when I decided to sell all my upgraded cards to upgrade my mono-aether deck, my wins against fake gods went up considerably. And I almost always get mastery against Incarnate. And if I draw enough towers/shields early, mastery against Miracle as well. You get 120 gold and I think around 135 score for a mastery fake god victory.

Am I being really stupid? What's all the talk about 'choose (a card, last I heard lobotomizer) as your rare'?

Have I missed free rares or something? I'm on holiday, and haven't played for a fortnight.
    If I have missed something, can I pick it up when I get home?

Also, dedicated forums at

http://www.elementstheforum.smfforfree3.com

People wanted one, you've got one.

Yeah, since v1.1 there's a quest that gives you a choice of 1 rare weapon when you reach 500 points. If you went through all the quests before the update and haven't done it yet, it'll still be there, just click Quests a couple times.

Yeah, since v1.1 there's a quest that gives you a choice of 1 rare weapon when you reach 500 points. If you went through all the quests before the update and haven't done it yet, it'll still be there, just click Quests a couple times.
    Thanks. I took a holiday at the wrong time, huh? Missed the beta, the new quests being released, the infinite money, the time when everyone was testing decks against the FGs. It's good that I can still get the rare. I've just got to hit 500.

PS - There's obviously an AI with lobo - How would it have got into circulation otherwise, and anyway I'm sure I've played it.

Dedicated forum at :

http://www.elementstheforum.smfforfree3.com
    Last edited by Pilchard123; 08-12-2009 at 12:18 PM.

FINALLY beat Seism. Also beat Graviton a little while ago. Graviton never played a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by CB! View Post
    FINALLY beat Seism. Also beat Graviton a little while ago. Graviton never played a shield.
    Once you get the hang of Seism you can beat him pretty much .. a lot.

Graviton I've only beaten once. Its better if you just leave once you see his name as its not worth the time investment.

And I'm not sure how whichever one of you said you beat Morte a lot. He steals my shields a lot. Don't get my wrong I can beat him like 25% of the time, but definately not a lot. Maybe someone figured something out that I didn't.

Once you get the hang of Seism you can beat him pretty much .. a lot.

Graviton I've only beaten once. Its better if you just leave once you see his name as its not worth the time investment.

And I'm not sure how whichever one of you said you beat Morte a lot. He steals my shields a lot. Don't get my wrong I can beat him like 25% of the time, but definately not a lot. Maybe someone figured something out that I didn't.
    Morte doesn't have steal... at least not that I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by CB! View Post
    Morte doesn't have steal... at least not that I've ever seen.
    I know he had one he used rather uncommonly. But he got revamped sometime last week, maybe they took it away?

Quite a big post coming up...

Roisen, I was going to add your board suggestion, but lost my connection, done it now, thanks anyway.

Could zanz please tell me what colours s/he uses for the main site, and each elemental colour, hex or rgb values are fine.

On the dedicated forums, would people like to have groups, and group-only lounges? (eg, Inventor - has suggested a (sensible) card/feature for the game, Donator - donated to zanz)

If people use the new dedicated forum, could zanz please put a link to it on the main site? It would be appreciated.

The wiki has hit 100 articles (102 to be precise), so now we can be featured!! Thanks to everyone who's contributed, let's try for 200!

Finally, dedicated forum address is http://www.elementstheforum.smfforfree3.com

Could people add this to the end of their posts to advertise it like people did with the wiki? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard123 View Post
    Quite a big post coming up...

Roisen, I was going to add your board suggestion, but lost my connection, done it now, thanks anyway.

Could zanz please tell me what colours s/he uses for the main site, and each elemental colour, hex or rgb values are fine.

On the dedicated forums, would people like to have groups, and group-only lounges? (eg, Inventor - has suggested a (sensible) card/feature for the game, Donator - donated to zanz)

If people use the new dedicated forum, could zanz please put a link to it on the main site? It would be appreciated.

The wiki has hit 100 articles (102 to be precise), so now we can be featured!! Thanks to everyone who's contributed, let's try for 200!

Finally, dedicated forum address is http://www.elementstheforum.smfforfree3.com

Could people add this to the end of their posts to advertise it like people did with the wiki? Thanks.

i think this forum should now be locked to be honest to get people over to that one

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard123 View Post

I could see donator happening, but can't really see inventor being too sensible. As one card/feature to one person might make sense, but to another it might seem completely pointless and dumb. (And I mean dumb to more than a few people, as I find quite a few things dumb =P )

Quote Originally Posted by velz View Post
    i think this forum should now be locked to be honest to get people over to that one
    Well once this hits 100 pages it probably locks itself (Like most forums, but it might not).

Somebody.. like Zanz.. just needs to go and change the link to the forum on the main page to the new one.

I'm skeptical of your claims on Seism. He's definitely not as hard on mono-aether as I originally thought, especially with upgrades (lobotomizer helps too, simply because it's a fair bit of extra damage for really cheap), but there's still quite a lot that can go wrong in that fight. Your big concern is simply drawing enough shields, which gets pretty iffy considering how long Seism can take. You also need to get a couple of dragons out early or you're at risk of getting decked even if you're lucky enough to get the shields you need, especially if Seism gets diamond shield out. All in all, statistically I don't think you're going to beat Seism more than about 50% of the time fully upgraded, maybe a little bit more--still quite good, and you can have some good luck and get some nice streaks going against him, but your chances are fairly fickle in the long run. (If you had fully upgraded towers, though, I almost wonder if upgraded dragons might be worth it and maybe push your odds up a bit; even assuming you're a full extra turn late with each one, they'd pay themselves off in 3 turns against diamond shields and break even in 4 even without it.)

Old Morte was darkness/death and had steal, new Morte is strictly light/death. I think you can manage to do a bit better than 25%, although I don't know if you're ever going to get "a lot". I find it's very hard to win unless I pop a shield early, around 80 health--waiting any longer means poison simply kills too quickly. On the other hand, that makes it even more likely you'll use up all your shields before you win (due to bonewalls fast wins are fairly rare), and even if you shield early there's still always a chance he'll just dump 10+ poison on you and you lose. Having lobotomizer out early is tremendously helpful; it's an extra hit against bonewalls for cheap, it stops viruses from building up walls, and you can kill his light income to prevent last-ditch miracle (don't go crazy lobotomizing rays right off the bat; you'll usually have more important things to spend aether quanta on, and he'll probably squander all his light quanta on angels anyhow). Parallel Universe on ivory dragons is a big help too, as long as you can lobotomize the viruses; they may still get plagued, but even if they die they'll destroy more bonewalls than they create, and even if they get poisoned right away you'll still probably either win or lose before they die anyhow.
    Last edited by ggabriel; 08-12-2009 at 01:53 PM.

I'm skeptical of your claims on Seism.

Old Morte was darkness/death and had steal, new Morte is strictly light/death.

I think you can manage to do a bit better than 25%, although I don't know if you're ever going to get "a lot"..
    In all honesty I beat Seism about 75% *at least* now. But then again now I'm fully upgraded. Towers + Phase Shield really help out on my quanta. All I really need to get going is 2 Phase Dragons and I can take him all the way down (Although usually by the end I have 3 or so anyways). Also never ever ever ever PU him.

I wait as long on shield as possible and usually by the time I have to shield I have enough to last the rest of the game.

Yeah thats what I thought on Morte. I haven't seen steals recently but I knew they were there at one point which is probably why to me it seems like Morte is harder than he is now. I still don't see him as one of the easiest because I usually end the game with ~12+ poisons on me.