A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 63 of 96 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1913

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

Quote Originally Posted by marauder68 View Post
    My prediction- upgraded earthquake will show up in every single deck. The best card in the game got even better.
    Perhaps not. Upgraded pillars count as a separate stack as regular pillars and if you mix them up in your deck you stand a better chance against them. It will still be a huge nuisance to mono decks but for rainbow decks that mix upgraded pillars in with regular ones they might find it less of a nuisance.

I'm thinking upgraded FFQ will be the new overpowered card. Elite fireflies mixed with Fahrenheit and fire lances can be very damaging.

Quote Originally Posted by logan666 View Post
    Perhaps not. Upgraded pillars count as a separate stack as regular pillars and if you mix them up in your deck you stand a better chance against them. It will still be a huge nuisance to mono decks but for rainbow decks that mix upgraded pillars in with regular ones they might find it less of a nuisance.

I'm thinking upgraded FFQ will be the new overpowered card. Elite fireflies mixed with Fahrenheit and fire lances can be very damaging.
    I actually wasted all my money on ffqs for that same idea. It's not working that good...

Quote Originally Posted by marauder68 View Post
    I actually wasted all my money on ffqs for that same idea. It's not working that good...
    I wasted 23k on FFQ strat.......LMAO. The fire doesn't really provide any strategy that helps FFQ out, just random cards that kind of clash with FFQ.

Found a bug: I was facing top50 decks, which i've never experienced any bug (usually PVP). I was clicking rapidly on pillars first turn, and then clicked on 2 FFQ by accident (without the required quanta) and they showed up in the pillar area. They were highlighted 2nd turn showing they could use the ability, but when i clicked on them, they did nothing.

[img=http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/1121/bug1cqd.jpg]
    Last edited by Disaru; 08-02-2009 at 11:28 PM.

I just had my first run in with blatant cheating. If you do pvp and draw some guy named "pow err" he'll regen 40 hp per turn without anything particular on the table. He started dropping several monsters at once after sending me a vulgar message when I rain of fired his meager forces and the next turn he summoned 4 monsters from an empty hand and regained half his health. Apparently he never thought to up his health any more at a time, because I eventually beat him down through sheer force of my 5 lava golems, one of which had over 20 attac

I can't log in the game server! When I access www.elementsthegame.com it says that i'm
    loading an old version and that i should go to www.elementsthegame.com

Is this the new mind-drainer strategy? :-p

Edit: just re-tried and it's working
    Last edited by Kaythal; 08-03-2009 at 06:19 AM.

TheFlashMaster
    I don't know to play this game. Can you help me? PLS...

Please add a "Confirm" button to the upgrades, I just wasted 1500 gp upgrading a useless card!

So I gotta ask this. You felt the need to nerf Dissipation Shield because it was "overpowered" if someone stacked their deck with Quantum Pillars and decided that rather than having a sure way of getting the Quantums they need, they'd go for "Maybe I'm lucky today, maybe I'm not" but someone ****ting out 10 Phase Shields and Phase Dragons that can't be targeted by anything is okay?

I think you guys need to rethink your balancing a little bit.

Unfortunately I can't edit my last post so I'll have to doublepost here.

I forgot to add, F... Parallel Universe right up the bum!

Quote Originally Posted by yarrbraxas View Post
    So I gotta ask this. You felt the need to nerf Dissipation Shield because it was "overpowered" if someone stacked their deck with Quantum Pillars and decided that rather than having a sure way of getting the Quantums they need, they'd go for "Maybe I'm lucky today, maybe I'm not" but someone ****ting out 10 Phase Shields and Phase Dragons that can't be targeted by anything is okay?

I think you guys need to rethink your balancing a little bit.
    QP + Dissipation shield isnt "Maybe I'm lucky today, maybe I'm not", you don't focus on getting quanta you need, you focus on generating a ton of quanta for your dissipation shield to negate opponent's damage. Don't be stupid, it needed to be nerfed.

In regards to Aether, Zanz made phase dragons immortal so they can't be PUed, but now Aether can put out a bunch of dragons you can't destroy (I think theyre even more powerful now) and negate any damage you give (dim shield).

Either way, I second making a confirmation on upgrades (won't be too much of a hassle, to prevent wasting 1500), and I think elite fireflies should go back to generating light, fire isn't doing anything for FFQ and it took away the rustler combo.

EDIT: Bug, Metamorphosis doesn't work sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Disaru View Post
    QP + Dissipation shield isnt "Maybe I'm lucky today, maybe I'm not", you don't focus on getting quanta you need, you focus on generating a ton of quanta for your dissipation shield to negate opponent's damage. Don't be stupid, it needed to be nerfed.

In regards to Aether, Zanz made phase dragons immortal so they can't be PUed, but now Aether can put out a bunch of dragons you can't destroy (I think theyre even more powerful now) and negate any damage you give (dim shield).

Either way, I second making a confirmation on upgrades (won't be too much of a hassle, to prevent wasting 1500), and I think elite fireflies should go back to generating light, fire isn't doing anything for FFQ and it took away the rustler combo.

EDIT: Bug, Metamorphosis doesn't work sometimes.
    Yep this is why I abandoned FFQ in the first place. The upgrade doesn't particularly help it especially compared to what many of the other elements got in the upgrades. I went to another strategy that works much nicer than the current FFQ and I'm the guy who stuck with FFQ through the original nerf when most other people.

RIP FFQ

Need a confirm option ASAP!!!

I really think you should have a confirm dialogue box when buying/selling cards. You have one for exiting a game but not for buying/selling cards? I think that you should impliment that as soon as possible.

I noticed something... the new Phase Dragons show 9/6 in play, but when you hover your cursor over one, the base card says it is 8/6. Where's the extra attack point coming from?

Also, I had an Abomination (not a mutant) that changed from 5/5 to 6/6, and I'm not sure why. Either it was the Momentum I played on it, or Abominations have a power that isn't listed on the card face regarding other creatures being mutated to death when they are in play, I'm guessing.

i lost some of my cards after the update anyone else?

HUGE BUG: Kuplata had a 2x fire mark. And the quanta added up too.
    Last edited by Disaru; 08-03-2009 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Rodger View Post
    I noticed something... the new Phase Dragons show 9/6 in play, but when you hover your cursor over one, the base card says it is 8/6. Where's the extra attack point coming from?

Also, I had an Abomination (not a mutant) that changed from 5/5 to 6/6, and I'm not sure why. Either it was the Momentum I played on it, or Abominations have a power that isn't listed on the card face regarding other creatures being mutated to death when they are in play, I'm guessing.
    momentum gives 1/1 when played on a monster

Quote Originally Posted by Disaru View Post
    HUGE BUG: Kuplata had a 2x fire mark. And the quanta added up too.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/5810/bug2drj.jpg

Minor BUG: Even if your card is upgraded, when u draw a card from a deck and it flips around to show you, the shown card is the non-upgraded card (i.e. it shows that you draw an owl eye when in fact you drew an eagle eye)
    He probably had the mark of fire card Disaru. If you're fire mark and you play mark of fire then it stacks on the mark instead of the normal area. I've seen thsi plenty of times before. Or do you mean he started with 2 marks before he played a card?

I dont get why dissipation shield, and enchant artifacts were nerfed..they were just fine(yes i know about the upgrades).
    Dissipation was a only lategame shield, and can be bypassed by direct damage, also gets destroyed if you have no more mana.
    And enchant artifac is only usefull vs 2-3 decks most of the time it is just a dead card, not to mention earthquake with 2manas..

And that imaterial skill is stupid..its ok if i cant target them, but they not reciving dmg/efects from shields and not reciving dmg from area cards like plague and rain of fire is just stupid.. they just go in game and there is no way in hell to remove them. Talking about op with no nerf..

Gl

Hey, I love what the update has done for gameplay. But:

One thing that may have been lost in the rebalancing, though, is that advancement for a new(ish) player is much slower. I see two causes: some of the more broken strategies have been nerfed (which is good), and Top 50 decks now have upgraded cards. This makes Masteries rarer, wins less profitable, and losses more frequent. I'll bet my income per game now is less than half of what it was two days ago. The new quest rewards are nice, but don't come close to making up for this.

I assume that more advanced players have the money/card stocks to enjoy the new challenge, but for newbs like me, the cost of cards already prohibited very much experimentation, and now it's much worse. I'm looking forward, and seeing a big long boring grind ahead.

Just had my first encounter with a fake god, and all I can say is craaaazy hard, but I like it Managed to get a time mark to 60 hp and that's it. Has anyone beaten any of them and do they give upgraded cards when defeated?

Quote Originally Posted by ooThe Eternaloo View Post
    Just had my first encounter with a fake god, and all I can say is craaaazy hard, but I like it Managed to get a time mark to 60 hp and that's it. Has anyone beaten any of them and do they give upgraded cards when defeated?
    Yes, and yes. To my knowledge, at least a few have beaten some of the Fake Gods... You get a *chance* to win upgraded cards via the same slot system used after other victories.

--rob77dp

(note: I have not even come close to defeating a Fake God yet)