A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 28 of 96 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

They'll spread exponentially... if you have a Miracle how can you NOT put it in your deck... and Miracle decks will score about twice as much as non-Miracle decks, so they'll quickly rise to the top 50 where you can play them and win the Miracle yourself.

zanzarino,

i knew a serious bug......

there is one guy in the chatroom, he said he irrationly got a NaN electrum....

he said he just won a game and got a card and he sold them....

after that his electrum trun out to be NaN

NaN = unlimited electrum

he can buy everysingle card in the game.....

i think this is a huge bug that created an unbalance in the game - -

hey zanzarino, I was just thinking that since nobody uses the choas seed card it would be cool combine it's effect with the entropy sheild.

well so much for that...

A few days into 0.42 I am finding a lot LESS variety than in the Nova days.

The Phase Dragon deck -

14 Aether
    6 Parallel Universe
    6 Dimensional Shield
    4 Phase Dragon

as boring as it is to play or play against, it is invincible now... it would also be unbeatable in the computer's hands if not for the bug where the computer waits a turn before replacing its Dimensional Shield.

It used to be pretty strong in the Nova era, but Nova decks were faster and packed 1-2 Deflagrations for a killing stroke. Now that Deflagration is much more difficult to splash and the environment is slower, Dimensional Shield is huge.

The only competitive decks I see now are the Aether deck, the Aether deck with Poison or Steal (for winning against other Aethers), and Fire-based decks.

I appreciate that some guys in the top 20 are experimenting with cool combos. I saw a guy who was playing a fun TimeMark + Earth cards combo. I tore him apart though... one of the guys in the top 10 is playing a pillared Firefly deck with Novas, again, fun to play but I beat him easily.

Phase Dragon needs a crippling nerf, lowering it to an 8/5 creature wouldn't be going too far imho. That, or making Dimensional Shield last only two turns.

At this point, I'm only playing because I hope I find a deck in the top 10 that can beat Aether.

EDIT - just played two top ten decks. Levethix had a Mark of Life + Fire Pillars & Fahrenheits. Levethix19 had Gravity mark + Aether pillars and was playing with the Phase Dragon deck + Anubises and Lobotomizer. Beat them both easily.

I appreciate using for example Anubis to immortalize Phase Dragons but the underlying Dragon-Shield combo is so strong that adding other cards only dilutes it...
    Last edited by -Manwe-; 06-20-2009 at 11:27 AM.

That NaN error seems to happen so randomly and so rarely thst I am having a hard time tracking down the cause. But it will be fixed, one way or the other.

The "chaos seed" card will change soon. I'll probably split it into a negative effect one and a positive effect one.

@Manwe:
    Aether decks are simple to build and are good, but a decent darkness deck would beat a aether deck 95% of the times. It takes a little way for players to adapt to the new changes, I'll keep balancing until all the elements are equally balanced.
    Last edited by zanzarino; 06-20-2009 at 11:23 AM.

Maxix has the most creative deck I've seen so far, he uses all quantum pillars... the idea being that with 6 quantum pillars on the board, it evens out and you get enough quanta to play a rainbow deck.

zanzarino - nobody's playing Darkness except (reportedly) Samura... haven't played him yet.

Holy ****

I just heard somebody joking about Deja Vu/Parallel Universe/Blessing on the chat and I decided to try it out..
    Result: IT F***ING PWNS EVERY DECK O_O
    EVEN OYTUGAH + BLESSING/WTV
    Check out these screenshots... they'll blow your mind.
    One is vs. lvl 3 one is vs. lvl 4, one is the deck itself.

Once you throw in a miracle, this deck turns even more AMAZING.
    -Edit- Added more Screenshots + 2nd deck version (because you don't always need that many Deja Vus). When all goes wrong, just clone and bless their dragons and whatnot.
    Just check out "Can't get any better"

How to play the deck:
    1) Stack up cards in your hands, more parallel universes than blessings if you can (also depending on your available quantums) and only 1 deja vu.
    2) Put down one deja vu and use all your blessings on it
    3) Use all your parallel universes on it
    4) Attack (End your turn)
    5) The next turn, use all of the deja vus' abilities
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Slayd CraVen; 06-20-2009 at 07:36 PM. Reason: More Screenshots + Notification

And I am attaching another way to have an easy win against aether decks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    And I am attaching another way to have an easy win against aether decks
    Minor bug: "Blocked" apparently draws as "Bloked".

Also, you might want to mention the updates in 0.42, they're not mentioned here or on the patch notes (I only know about them because I was in the chat when you described the new patch)

Rainbow Deck!

After experimenting with the very awesome Deja Vu/Parallel Universe/Blessing deck, -Manwe- and I have co-created a rainbow deck.

It has only lost 1 game to YSQ so far (while starting with 1 quantum pillar) and the rest of the lvl3/PVP matches it's won.
    There are two ways to use it:
    1) The default one that counters all decks, even YSQ's no monster one
    2) Add more Otyughs, Boneyards and Owl's Eyes and take out things like lycanthrope that aren't so important when used alone

So this is what it's made up of, the first number in ex.2-3x being the original deck's card quantity :

Mark of Time

10x Quantum Pillar
    2x Lycanthrope
    1-2x Boneyard (depending if you want to go for a heavy monster-counter deck or not)
    2-3-4x Otyugh (depending if you want to go for a heavy monster-counter deck or not)
    2x Graboid (Mark of time is useful)
    1x Emerald dragon/Forest(i) Spirit (Dragon would be for excess life quantums which you will most probably have, but some people prefer foresti spirit)
    2x Deflagration
    2x Freeze - To deal with strong monsters that you have no current counter for or that you want to weaken soon so your Otyugh can devour them
    2x Blessing - Otyugh ftw
    2-3x Owl's Eye - With 2 Boneyards and Otyughs this can be very useful
    2x Reverse Time - Mark of Time + Monster Control
    2x Golden Hourglass
    1x Dusk Mantle - Great defense
    1x Parallel Universe - Many uses

Post your opinions please
    -Edit- I'd also like to mention that this deck is REALLY fun to play with.

Check out some of the pics
    http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/5634/...nsfireflie.jpg
    http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2...owdeckowns.jpg
    http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6334/...wdeckswarm.jpg
    http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/6...atingsamur.jpg
    Last edited by Slayd CraVen; 06-20-2009 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Adding Images

Dimen Shields

On dimension shields, why not just change it from 3 turns to 2 turns? I think they are probably the most over-powered card in the game. In a game where you can beat another deck in less than 6 turns, why have a card that makes you invincible for 3 turns?

At 2 turns, its still a great card.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayd CraVen View Post
    After experimenting with the very awesome Deja Vu/Parallel Universe/Blessing deck, -Manwe- and I have co-created a rainbow deck.

It has only lost 1 game to YSQ so far (while starting with 1 quantum pillar) and the rest of the lvl3/PVP matches it's won.
    There are two ways to use it:
    1) The default one that counters all decks, even YSQ's no monster one
    2) Add more Otyughs, Boneyards and Owl's Eyes and take out things like lycanthrope that aren't so important when used alone

Post your opinions please
    -Edit- I'd also like to mention that this deck is REALLY fun to play with.

Why not add deflagation x 2?

Sorry, I seem to have forgotten to write that down.
    It's in the deck.

BTW zanzarino, you can still jackpot quantum pillars, it's a real pain in the neck.
    Last edited by Slayd CraVen; 06-20-2009 at 06:02 PM.

there seems to be a bug with grav sheild and armagio with gravity pull. It I have creatures that are blocked by the gravity sheild. The elemental AI's armagio takes the damage anyway and if he (armagio) dies the damage that would otherwise be blocked goes through to the elemental as well.

Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    The "chaos seed" card will change soon. I'll probably split it into a negative effect one and a positive effect one.
    if it was one card that did a random positive (or neutral) effect to you and a random neagative (neutral) effect to the opponent I would find room for at least one in my deck.

I'm big on decks that can be played with some intelligent choices rather than just rellying of getting the most powerful cards out ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by -Manwe- View Post
    Maxix has the most creative deck I've seen so far, he uses all quantum pillars... the idea being that with 6 quantum pillars on the board, it evens out and you get enough quanta to play a rainbow deck.

zanzarino - nobody's playing Darkness except (reportedly) Samura... haven't played him yet.
    When Novas where first nerfed I played with a darkness time deck also. but it got boring and was too slow. very good w\l rotio though

Quote Originally Posted by Slayd CraVen View Post
    I just heard somebody joking about Deja Vu/Parallel Universe/Blessing on the chat and I decided to try it out..
    Result: IT F***ING PWNS EVERY DECK O_O
    EVEN OYTUGAH + BLESSING/WTV
    I mentioned that combo in the chat and if it was me you saw. I wasn't joking.

I love the unlikely combos that kick ass.

It's even better if you put the deja vu down the turn before. if you have any other creatures the AI will go after them first. then bless, bless, bless, parallel ....

Oh, whoever actually first implemented the blessed flying vamps. That was a stroke of genius.
    Last edited by kethaq; 06-20-2009 at 07:34 PM.

@ kethaq
    Check the screenshots I posted: http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...38#post4181238
    Last edited by Slayd CraVen; 06-20-2009 at 07:36 PM.

zanz,

I have a request. I would like to be able too see a creatures current attack and hit points when they are frozen. Right now sometimes I can just barely make it out, other times not at all.

most often I want to know when I am using otys and want to know if I can devour or not before I use the quantums.

Quote Originally Posted by kethaq View Post
    zanz,

I have a request. I would like to be able too see a creatures current attack and hit points when they are frozen. Right now sometimes I can just barely make it out, other times not at all.

most often I want to know when I am using otys and want to know if I can devour or not before I use the quantums.
    You can't devour a frozen creature anyway, so right now that's not really important :P

Getting quantums back after you cancel otoh...(Or more ideally, having them not actually be taken away until you complete the ability -- and lock things like ending turns with abilities active, of course)