A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 53 of 96 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1913

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

My library has just gone bezerk. I now get multiple stacks of the same card, stacks of "blank" cards, and half my cards are missing, and I now have several cards I never had in the past - for example, I never had a Discord, now I have 3 stacks of them - 1, 5, and 6. I also have 12 Marks of Entropy and 18 Marks of Death in my library. But my Arctic Squid and most of my other Water cards have vanished, as have all my Death cards other than Arsenic (which I never had before), and some Bone Walls. This happened on the Beta (0.43) site, and I went here - saw the comment that 1.0 is up, and my deck is the same over there.

Update - in the bazaar, some of my cards will sell for 0, others for NaN, and if I buy cards, they don't appear in my library.

Talking

Finally won a lobotomizer!

Found a bug though- it does not remove the mana-eating skill from devourers.

Quote Originally Posted by marauder68 View Post
    Finally won a lobotomizer!

Found a bug though- it does not remove the mana-eating skill from devourers.
    I don't think it's supposed to. It removes only an active ability, i.e., lurk.

actually it is supposed to and was supposedly fixed in the just released update

Also why did FFQ have to have its cost raised? I can see why EB needed to be raised a little but you made my once balanced deck start to lose a lot of matches because my FFQ's were coming out later and so were my EB's.
    Last edited by DarkGate; 07-22-2009 at 03:05 AM.

Just noticed a huge bug in v1.0.
    On delivering killing blow to an opponent, game cuts out and goes to the "you have lost" screen.
    (Ie: when you're winning, you suddenly get told you've lost).
    It's happened 3 consecutive times.
    And for the love of GOD add a mute sound button.

played a few multi-player games. It's not working right all the time apparently.

I got my lobotomizer out on turn 2 and it hit my opponent that turn, but several turns later he was still at 95. Then I got out an Anubis, made it immortal and he was able to drain-life it.

Just played a game against borris2k. He only had 37 wins and about a dozen losses. His deck was all phase dragons, parallel universes and dimension shields. Good deck, but I don't see how a new player can get a deck like that built.

Add to that he played a phase dragon early in the game, I lightning bolted it, and on his turn he PU on it and had 2.Then I played an anubis, he hit with two lightning bolts and played another phase dragon when he only had 10 mana.

Are there any anti-cheating checks in this game?

The database is constantly monitored and "hacked" account are promptly removed.

Protecting a flash file online is instead just impossible. It does not matter how many encryption program you use on your file, those are just incentives for hackers to crack your file, it makes it more challening.

Plus, a good number of players decided that elements is too "hard" and subscribed elements on several websites dedicated to hacking games that are too "hard" adding cheats to the code. A few successfully injected an entry to the mochiads leaderboard causing a few players to play against unexisting opponents, winning unexisting cards that sometimes create unexpected errors in the card storage.

However, I am quite sure that what happened to you is just caused by some game glitches.

Some pvp glitches can (and will) be removed, some are caused by the variety of internet connections/delays/browsers out there and the realtime pvp will always be afflicted by that. (even the most expensive mmo's are affected by it).

@Natsia:
    It sounds like you just run out of cards.

Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    The database is constantly monitored and "hacked" account are promptly removed.

Protecting a flash file online is instead just impossible. It does not matter how many encryption program you use on your file, those are just incentives for hackers to crack your file, it makes it more challening.

Plus, a good number of players decided that elements is too "hard" and subscribed elements on several websites dedicated to hacking games that are too "hard" adding cheats to the code. A few successfully injected an entry to the mochiads leaderboard causing a few players to play against unexisting opponents, winning unexisting cards that sometimes create unexpected errors in the card storage.

However, I am quite sure that what happened to you is just caused by some game glitches.

Some pvp glitches can (and will) be removed, some are caused by the variety of internet connections/delays/browsers out there and the realtime pvp will always be afflicted by that. (even the most expensive mmo's are affected by it).

@Natsia:
    It sounds like you just run out of cards.
    Nope. Got 42 in my deck atm.

Dear Zanzarino!
    I love this game and after a while I even managed to get a position in the weekly ranking of 200 (Don't love – I think that's not to bad). But after I've played Vers. 1.0 yesterday my account has gone!
    I've tried it again today, because I thought the server was down maybe, but he can't find my username anymore! Is there help?

ups.... of course I meant "don't laugh"... my english couldn't be worse

Miracle finally!...but

So, I finally win Miracle when goofing around, but I got it on the wrong account. I made a new one to test out a different build...pop win rare. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Natsia View Post
    And for the love of GOD add a mute sound button.
    I agree with this statement. It'd make it a lot easier to play at work!

Quote Originally Posted by rob77dp View Post
    Meh - I worried about it at first, but have since decided that zanzarino will be the judge of when to finally crack down on rare-giving and things like that. If I *see* it happening, I'll speak up against it, but no more rants or tirades about a free online fantasy card game. However, my position is still that just because "it's only a game" is no reason to turn a blind eye to unfair play/advantage.

--rob77dp
    Yeah - I agree with you on that. I feel I should apologize to CapAp, so sorry, and the same for everyone else - sorry. I had my little brother annoying me just when I posted those three, and I just snapped, and as I can't really yell at my brother without causeing an argument, I took it out on you.

Sorry.

On a nicer note - the wiki is beginning to start up a bit more. Thank you, whoever did that. http://www.elementsthegame.wikia.com for those that don't know the address.

Now, as for the game...it won't load the leaderboards for some reason, don't know why....

Ideas - how about a background that changes depending on your element mark?

Edit:Zanzarino - could you put a link to the wiki on the game's main website? It would get more people to it. PM'd in case you don't read this.
    Last edited by Pilchard123; 07-23-2009 at 10:27 AM.

I added the link on the homepage and the jpegs for the 12 elements in the wiki page.

@Tabith: I need your username if you want me to help you. Yesterday I had filters working on removing faulty accounts, are you sure you didn't get some extra money or extra wins because of glitches?
    Last edited by zanzarino; 07-23-2009 at 12:48 PM.

New to the forum and certainly VERY new to the game. (Although i am a rather old-school CCG'er from the days or yore.) I signed up for an account 2 days ago and it has certainly helped me pass the boredom at work and at home. The PVP is fun and I have met a ton of nice people globally. I am sure I am not the first to address this here but I have not taken the time to read through the past 50+ pages of the forum so forgive me. I must say that i have already grown tired of the Firefly Queen/Firefly/ Empathic Bond decks. Is there any other combo that even comes close to yawning the crap out of you? I know Rustler can generate quantums repeatedly but the card actually mentions that. I feel the Firefly Queen becomes a plague-like nightmare when it dumps its spawn 10 and 15 at a time. Should there be a limit on how many Fireflys can be produced in a round? I know that other cards with "target" abilities are only allowed one use per turn. This is all just a stream of thought but most of all I am very happy for the design of this game and will certainly look forward to new developments and changes. Beautiful interface and artwork. Kudos to all of the hard work that went into this.

My Username is Tabith.... I'm pretty sure I had no irregularities. And I'm to old to do stupid things like cheating.
    But I used different computers to logg in...

Hi! I've been playing this game for quite some time and i like it a lot. Nevertheless i'm having a bit of a problem. For the last..say 6 h the website with the game isn't loading. Does anyone else have this problem, are there any ways to fix this problem?... help?..

Btw aether with phase dragons, parallel universe, dimension shield kicks ass

Tabith, your account just misteriously disappared, and the backup I have of the database is too recent and your account is not there either. Send me an email at game.elements@gmail.com and please create a new account with your old username/password in the while, I'll find a way to fix this.