A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 10 of 96 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

Quote Originally Posted by kethaq View Post
    Anybody got a single turn damage record?

I just did (or would have except my opponent didn't have that much life left) 78 damage in a sigle turn with firefly/rustler.

I have a screenshot but I couldn't figure out how to post it.
    wow! ... I would love to see

to post images, go for example, to

http://imageshack.us/

then upload your image

copy the url result of that

click here on the "Insert Image" (when you write the post .. above menu)

paste the url address that imageshack gave you to there

and is done

Quote Originally Posted by -Samura- View Post
    I have no Pillars and no permanents .. so my Purify is less useless than the Steal and Deflagrations that the other deck have..
    The difference is that Steal and Deflagration are only useless against your deck. They're useful against a majority of decks. Poison on the other hand is a relatively uncommon thing to run into in strength large enough to matter.

I'm not quite sure what your point is, really -- that Purify has relatively low chances of coming up, and if it does come up against a non-poison deck is still useless. So you have random chance whether you'll get the card you need to oppose poison or be useless?

Giving it 5 health on use would hardly make it a no-brainer to include in every deck (Healing is rather unnecessary in most situations) but would at least make it not a complete waste of a card against a majority of decks.
    Last edited by Bianary; 06-05-2009 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bianary View Post
    I'm not quite sure what your point is, really -- that Purify has relatively low chances of coming up, and if it does come up against a non-poison deck is still useless. So you have random chance whether you'll get the card you need to oppose poison or be useless?
    hmm .. well against poison I only need 1 or 2 Purify, with 1 I have 50% chances of getting (or already got) the card on the 7th turn - half deck - which is all that I will need against a deck that is poison specific

ya .. of course .. if almost no one is using poison it come useless .. but that imo is the proper idea of an ambient dependent card..

Giving it 5 health on use would hardly make it a no-brainer to include in every deck (Healing is rather unnecessary in most situations) but would at least make it not a complete waste of a card against a majority of decks.
    here is the power of Purify:

cost: 1 "mana"
    playable quantities needed: 1 or 2 cards
    effect: defeat all poison based decks

and you need more 5 life on that?

here is the power of Purify:

cost: 1 "mana"
    playable quantities needed: 1 or 2 cards
    effect: defeat all poison based decks

and you need more 5 life on that?
    Yes. Against a poison deck it won't matter in the least, and against all the others it will make the card worth more than a valuable slot in your deck.

I'm pretty sure poison isn't nearly the strongest deck build available anyway, it doesn't need such a specific hard-counter available for it.

Bug in the live 0.4 version: After purchasing new cards from the Bazaar, they are showing up in my deck management as blank outlines. Needless to say, this makes them effectively unusable and I am now broke and unable to build a new deck.

Hi everyone, this will be my first time posting but I've been playing for about a week or so. This is probably the best online card game I've seen in a while. It's got me more or less hooked. That being said I've run across a few problems...

First, I was selling cards I won and wasn't going to use when something odd happened. I was just mass clicking to sell all of them and there were some "cards" that weren't really cards at all. There is just an outline of where the card should be but no actual picture, when I mouse over it it says price "NaN" in the bazaar. I accidentally sold one of them and it changed my amount of Electrum from 2000 something to "NaN". I tried refreshing the page to see if that would fix anything but now I have 0 Electrum and I still have the bugged cards in my inventory. Is there any way to get the electrum back or do I just start over?

Second, I sent an email but I kinda wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar problem. Since the 0.4 update any time I the computer plays Dimension Shield it ticks from 3 to 0 has intended but once it hits 0 it doesn't go away unless I use deflag or steal it. So it ends up giving them infinite shielding, it's kind of annoying.

@Bianary

I refounded your money...
    please let me know if it happens again

Yes. Against a poison deck it won't matter in the least, and against all the others it will make the card worth more than a valuable slot in your deck.
    Let me point the power of Purity again ... lets suppose you play with a fire deck.. and there is a card that says

"Spirit of Phoenix - Cost: 1 Aether. Permanent. Immaterial. Every generated quantum of Fire is a quantum of Air"

this would kill every firedeck ... anyways .. let put 5 live gain option on it for the occasion of the opposing deck use no fire quantums..

The point is.. if Purify goes as you state, and can be in on any deck without costs, and only benefits .. then poison would be dead .. banned for the oblivion ... no one will ever try to construct a poison based deck

I'm pretty sure poison isn't nearly the strongest deck build available anyway, it doesn't need such a specific hard-counter available for it.
    if poison isn't nearly the strongest ... then ... it means that you already don't need Purify

Bug report:
    lvl 4 pvp opponent shows NaN cards in deck:

When end first turn, it goes to a blank "you won" screen.

When I select "menu", it goes to the "perfect score" "you won" spinner screen:

________
    Highly enjoyable game; looking forward to enjoying even more as it continues to develop.

Let me point the power of Purity again ... lets suppose you play with a fire deck.. and there is a card that says

"Spirit of Phoenix - Cost: 1 Aether. Permanent. Immaterial. Every generated quantum of Fire is a quantum of Air"

this would kill every firedeck ... anyways .. let put 5 live gain option on it for the occasion of the opposing deck use no fire quantums..

The point is.. if Purify goes as you state, and can be in on any deck without costs, and only benefits .. then poison would be dead .. banned for the oblivion ... no one will ever try to construct a poison based deck
    No, it wouldn't be.

Because a restores 5 health card just isn't that valuable, and it's not going to match the elements for a lot of decks. So you won't just be having purifies in every deck, because they'll still not be too useful. But they won't be a complete waste of a card if you're not fighting a poison deck the way they are currently.
    if poison isn't nearly the strongest ... then ... it means that you already don't need Purify
    Then remove it from the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    @Bianary

I refounded your money...
    please let me know if it happens again
    Everything seems fine now (All the cards are showing again, the ones I bought are obviously gone but as the money is back I'll just get them again), if I figure out what created the blank outlines (Someone else seems to have had that, too) I'll be sure to let you know.

Thank you.

Edit: Woah, it's *not* all okay. My card inventory is repaired, but my deck itself has a bunch of the white outlines. Can you just revert my account to the time when 0.4 went live? That should be a slight loss of rank but nothing too bad.
    Last edited by Bianary; 06-05-2009 at 09:06 PM.

Then remove it from the game.
    why? because you don't find it useful?

others players find it useful.

I find it useful - and as it stand .. no more nor less ..

If you don't find it useful .. just don't use it .. that's all ...

@bianary

You are back to the 0.3 status.

And you are the only one that had that kind of problem... let me guess.. are you using more than one browser? (e.g. Firefox + Explorer)

Because it looks like you are playing ver 0.3 and 0.4 at the same time, which could happen only if one browser already updated the temporary files, while the other one did not.

For the NaN level 4: those decks should disappear soon with the new version

Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    @bianary

You are back to the 0.3 status.

And you are the only one that had that kind of problem... let me guess.. are you using more than one browser? (e.g. Firefox + Explorer)

Because it looks like you are playing ver 0.3 and 0.4 at the same time, which could happen only if one browser already updated the temporary files, while the other one did not.
    I wasn't playing two at once, but I did just upgrade my browser to FF3 today before the update. (Yeah, I'm really slow. Flash was crashing on me and I wasn't sure if it was the heat or outdated Flash so I finally got around to updating) So it's entirely possible something screwy was going on with the cache then.

Thanks for the rollback.

Zanzarino, I'm having the same type of problem as bianary, is there any way you could help me out as well? I still have the outlined cards in my deck as well as greatly reduced money, (I sold a card when I had 0 and then played a game and won.) and every time I get a new card from the slots one more of my cards turns into the clear outline. I don't really want to keep playing if it's going to ruin all of my cards.

bug:
    As others have stated, white outlines are forming instead of actual cards.

It seems to occur for any "new" cards acquired in the 0.4 version, either through purchase or from the spinners.

You mentioned a possible cache issue so i cleared that and restarted browser yet still encounter the bug for each card acquisition.

@FrostBlade14:

You are back to the 0.3 status as well,

let me know if it happens again, I am trying to figure out what's the cause

I hope it doesn't happen again. That cost me about 80 games, 1k electrum and a Fahrenheit card lol. Thanks for fixing it though. Now I can get back to playing.

@matrechery

You got a rollback as well;

I really hope this thing is temporary. Nobody had this problem with the beta test... very strange

there really needs to be a way from stopping your creatures from attacking every turn. I just lost a game against a time and a freeze deck because my creatures attacked and I couldn't use their abilities

also, another bug I've noticed is that if you press the space button to end your turn too fast, your turn ends without you getting any mana from your pillars. Creatures still attack and everything, you just don't gain mana.