A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 32 of 96 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

I disagree that the new disipation sheild will be weak. It was not made clear if the sheild consumes all kinds of quanta or just entropy, but if it consumes all types, then if I have 10 quantum pillars out that would be the same as getting 30 pints of healing per turn. with no recurring cost. now that would be powerful.

In fact with all the strong defences out there I could see samuras strategy of playing to run the other guy out of carrds become a viable strategy.

It does create the possibility of a infinite game though. where each player just sets up defenses and then uses enternity to keep returning a creature to his own deck.

empathic bond would be very powerful if it stacks but kind of useless if it doesn't. If it stacks it would be worth putting in your deck but if it doesn't like nightfall then putting more than one in your deck is a waste of cardspace

bone wall looks very powerful especially with a few otys or owls, against smaller creature mob you could keep it regenreting quite easily

The bigger issue I see in all this is the differece between instants and permanents. right now there is no possible defence against instant cards like miracle, freeze or firebolt. While having a lot of powerful permanent defence cards will make it almost imperative to have a good amount of either deflag or steal and that will limit your strategic choice
    Last edited by kethaq; 06-22-2009 at 04:49 PM.

dude i was thinking that there should be another element, but this element could not be obtained as ur main element, but could only bought for like a 500 gold or something. this would be the element of chance, or whatever u wanna call it xD, and it would generate one random quantum each turn instead of one specific quantum, so this would be helpful to A LOT of rainbow decks out there.

I was just thinking, and I don't know how you would do this, but would anyone be interested in this if it was real, y'know, with real cards, rather than onscreen.

Maybe even buying a real card(s) would give you a single-use code that you could put in the game and get it that way, perhaps real-purchase only cards and cards that you can only get in-game. Cards that you real-purchase could be sold/trades with other players in-game.

Just a thought, but this game could really take off - [whisperincaseofanti-pokemonhategroup]pokemon cards[/whisperincaseofanti-pokemonhategroup] were fairly big, why shouldn't this?

This last one is really implausible. If (IF! Ha - it's big already!) it gets big, why not try to make a "proper" game. I have no idea how, but there was a console version of the pokemon TCG. I'm working on a Source version of it, but it is really, really, really bad at the moment, but then, I've only been at it for about a week. I don't have too much sticking power, so don't expect great things.

Just posting randomly to say i love the concept art for Eternity.

Zanzarino I think you should make a minimum limit of 3 different types of cards in our decks, because now some people leave their decks with just pillars and two or three of the same type of a rare.

At first I thought it was cool, but now I realise that it's not fun when you jackpot 3 rares every time you fight some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard123 View Post
    I was just thinking, and I don't know how you would do this, but would anyone be interested in this if it was real, y'know, with real cards, rather than onscreen.

Maybe even buying a real card(s) would give you a single-use code that you could put in the game and get it that way, perhaps real-purchase only cards and cards that you can only get in-game. Cards that you real-purchase could be sold/trades with other players in-game.
    There's a lot of cards that would need changing -- someone with 8 quantum pillars in real life would have a lot of dice rolling to do, not to mention the tedium of recording all the numbers. Plus every creature would need life tallies since they can lose life and have varied numbers, and cards like mutation would just be a nightmare to try to get a good system for how they transform.

It's really best off staying as a computer game (Not to mention the resources required to even get a card game produced are really high).

Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    Entropy: Dissipation shield will consume quanta instead of HP's when hit by a creature/weapon. When no more quanta is available the shield is destroyed. Chaos seed also will have a consistent negative effect, it will either freeze, poison, copy, or damage the target creature.
    Great idea on chaos seed, maybe another negative effect can be a lobotomize (remove creature ability), time-delay effect or even reverse time.

I also think there should be an entropy creature that has an attack of 4, but it's attack can be 0x (0 dmg), 1x (4dmg), 2x (8dmg), or 3x (12dmg) randomly, different for each turn.

Life: Empathic Bond, permanent (maybe you guys can come up with a better name); when Empathic Bond is in play every creature you control heals you for 1HP per turn. It is not much, but useful if you have a many creatures in play and can be used together with a shield
    I can't see how you could summon enough creatures for this to have some benefit. Even once you summon 10 creatures, that's probably endgame where you or your opponent is about to die anyways. Maybe ALL creatures on the field, including your opponents., would make this shield better.

Death: Bone wall, it starts with 10 charges, every charge blocks one attack from a creature/weapon. When all the charges are consumed the bone wall is destroyed. Every time a creature is killed the bone wall regenerates, gaining back 3 charges. It will be very effective against a few big creatures, quite useless against many little creatures.
    Great idea.

Earth: Diamond shield, like titanium shield but prevents up to 3 damages/attack (and it is quite expensive).
    This is hands down the weakest element, you should probably give it something more to work with lol. I still think there should be "burrow target creature" spells (halve the attack/untargetable) and maybe an "earthquake" spell to unburrow burrowed-creatures and burrow creatures on field.

With an earth shield, maybe only burrowed creatures can attack you for 4 turns. Just an idea.

Air: Wings (uses the shield slot), only air and momentum creatures can reach you for 1 turn.
    Not the greatest shield, but this element is already strong.

Gravity will finally have a dedicated "gravity pull" spell card, that can be used to redirect the opponent's damage on one of your creatures OR on one of the opponent's creature to redirect YOUR damage against it.
    Awesome idea.

Armagio HP's increased to 25.
    Parallel universe 3x and you can take 100 damage :P It's a good idea though, Armagio's arent worth their quantum at 20 health with all the dragons.

----

Just some other ideas: a lobotomize spell, 'steal creature's ability' spell, a ditto creature which can mimic any creature on the field (basically has parallel universe ability, and can transform to mimic another target if a better creature/ability arises), a fire creature that can melt/unfreeze creatures (i know, counter-counter strategies lol) and a time creature that evolves as time goes on (makes sense to me for there to be one heh)

Quote Originally Posted by Disaru View Post
    I can't see how you could summon enough creatures for this to have some benefit. Even once you summon 10 creatures, that's probably endgame where you or your opponent is about to die anyways. Maybe ALL creatures on the field, including your opponents., would make this shield better.
    It's not a shield, it's a permanent - like Nightfall, Golden Hourglass, etc. It will stack with your shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayd CraVen View Post
    lol it's a good deck, but the AI sucks at using it.
    yeah.. I kinda was expecting that ... is somewhat difficult to play it well
    That's why everybody keeps beating you with 100hp
    well the idea was letting the enemy with 100Hp while it run out of cards
    (they put down one reflective shield and wait for the game to end).
    oh.. hmm.. oh... wait.. they? .. who's they? .. the AI playing the shield deck?
    anyways thanks for letting me know

@zanzarino

- great ideas, and like kethaq said, the dissipation shied can be awesome if it consumes all kinds of quanta in random (which is appropriate for the randomness of entropy element)

- I saw that already many creatures changed his stats meanwhile ... like the Abomination that are now 5/5 ... a Mutation deck will have much more chances now.. (life creatures are more playable too..)

- oh .. and zanzarino.. please don't forget the Divination card:

Time - Divination: Permanent, shows the opponent's cards
    .. this card will let us see how AI is actually playing ..

Erhm, anyone have an idea as to why i just lost a game when i clicked to cast hasten?

Opponent hadn't played his cards, i had no poison or anything, dimensional shield in play on my side, 36 life left and suddendly BLAMO, dead... :s

Bug?

Exclamation

ERROR!
    There is a shield (mentioned below) that is also blocking a weapon. im unsure if it's blocking all weapons or this specific one but i thought i might bring it to ur attention.

Solar Shield: the damage dealt to(looks like "tc" in the game) you from any creature is reduced by 1.

Dagger: Weapon: deal 2 damage at the end of every turn

@Caiphas:
    You run out of cards...no more cards = you lose.

@xXKillMasterXx:
    Shields also block weapons

@Everyone else:
    The dissipation shield would use all the quanta available from any element...

I do not remember who said it but it can be that this changes will turn deflagration or steal into new "mandatory" cards... I'll try to find a solution for this before I make any change.

Ow lol, hadn't noticed... Funny!

Sorry...

Edit: Maybe a little message saying you just ran out of cards? I can imagine this can be quite confusing for some new players...
    Last edited by Caiphas; 06-22-2009 at 10:31 PM.

@Everyone else:
    The dissipation shield would use all the quanta available from any element...
    The dissipation shield might work better with a 2:1 ratio -- 2 damage per 1 quanta lost.

Erhm, wtf? Game wasn't even finished... :s

a PERFECT weapon for the dissipitation shield would one that takes away random quantums from ur opponent equal to the damage dealt, and gives u back the same quantums But i don know if that would make the shield overpowered or not....OR u could make a wepon that would have like a low chance of using ur opponents quantums for a card's effect, so u could burn ur opponents quantums, instead of ur own and protect urself, but as long as that weapon is in play, u can ONLY use ur opponents quantums even to summon a card, just to make the card a little balanced
    Last edited by Brocoli; 06-22-2009 at 10:51 PM.

Small glitch with frozen animated weapons. Even after 3 turns, they still should the frozen image, though they should have been unfrozen.

have you thought of implementing anything that would alow you to see the makeup of someone elses deck after the match is over (more or less to see if the win was a fluke or how this particular deck keeps winning against me). I just think it might help some of those people first learning the game to see what works and what doesn't.

Sorry to double post but i just thought of an issue that might come up when there is actual pvp. What if two people that are friends agree to go against each other and one person has stictly pillers and one kind of rare so that the other person wins it automaticly 3 times at the end of the game? Not sure if this has been brought up before and i'm sorry if its a repeat issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooder View Post
    Sorry to double post but i just thought of an issue that might come up when there is actual pvp. What if two people that are friends agree to go against each other and one person has stictly pillers and one kind of rare so that the other person wins it automaticly 3 times at the end of the game? Not sure if this has been brought up before and i'm sorry if its a repeat issue.
    There's a handy Edit button at the bottom of posts that can be used if nobody has posted since you did.

Anyway, there's no way the slots will work for direct pvp. The rewards are going to have to be done differently.