A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 52 of 96 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1913

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Rodger View Post
    Go read the older posts on the subject. Plenty of people care.
    Nah, I'll pass. Because not only do I not care about someone making a loot deck, I care even less about your reasons for getting your panties in a knot over it.

Tried out this game and I'm more or less addicted. I chose gravity...and I'm almost sure that that was a bad choice. Haha

I've got something to add to the Quantum Pillar debate. Sorry if this has been said before, but I'm not going through 52 pages of posts ... that's wasting valuable time that I could be spending playing the game.

I started with a Time deck because I liked the sound of it. Of course, when I worked up to PvP I got reamed by pretty much every deck out there, but especially the Aether Phase/Para Uni/Dim Shield decks. Seems like 3/4 of the top 50 are these Aether decks.

So I restarted and tried one of these, eventually settling on one with a few Deflags to nerf opponent's Dim Shields. Thing was, even though this deck was winning 85% of the time, it got boring. Same thing, every time, dragon rush, rinse and repeat.

I settled on a Quantum deck not for a strong strategy, but because it's FUN. I don't know what the hell is going to come out (it's 50 cards, 20 pillars - yeah, it's a bit light on pillars), but it keeps me on my toes with how I use the quantums, especially in the first few rounds. I get to tinker endlessly with the mix between attack and defense cards and I'm not just using the same three or four cards. Add the chance to Steal or Para Uni an opponent's card and actually be able to use the card's special ability, and the ability to deck a few rares at once. If I was stuck with the single colour decks, I probably would've got bored with Elements by now.

For the moment, this deck's working even better than the Aether one and it's a blast to use (although I'd get totally towelled by a human player - it's just too slow coming out). If only I could get my hands on a couple of Discords, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Disaru View Post
    Yeah, DG already explained. But I'm talking about top50 decks. Any deck that relies on rustlers as main source of life quantum will be destroyed in PVP lol
    Okay...you win that round.

Now for a SAFE FFQ deck you need 8 time and some Aether - Play an anubis and immortalise it first.

BTW no-one seems to be on the wiki...I'll keep plugging it and maybe people will, and we can have our own forum.
    http://www.elementsthegame.wikia.com
    Last edited by Pilchard123; 07-20-2009 at 02:02 PM.

I still haven't seen a dimension shield I couldn't out-damage unless I get a really bad starting hand. Beat 3 already tonight with a slow to get started time-aether deck. There's nothing broken about it- it's just a how much damage can your deck put out challenge. And if you aren't doing 60 damage by the time a DS deck gets 20 pillars out then there's something wrong with your deck, because most of them have nothing to contend with other than the occasional steal/deflagaration and a weapon or occasionally an oytugh.

don't end the game immediately when opponent hits 0hp, let the attack end first

in a few cases my empathic bond should have healed me back to 100 on the last turn but didn't because the bigger creatures attacked first and killed the opponent

Quote Originally Posted by zzz123 View Post
    future features:

fast-forward mode: when playing against the computer, all the computer's effects are resolved instantly. ...
    replace that idea with a simple "disable animations" button, which affects both players in your UI
    the game is beautifully designed, but at this point i spend about 10% of my game time thinking and clicking, and the other 90% looking at the cards floating across the screen

current things that can be speeded up or eliminated by this option:
    * cards generated by the golden hourglass (when there are a bunch of cards already on the table this animation actually eats most of my cpu and is very slow. more so if many of those cards are clickables)
    * computer playing his cards (display all at once rather than one-by-one)
    * quantum generation
    * card display on the table (this is very fast now, so optional)

(short attention span? what short attention span?)

bug: deja vu with immortal effect copies itself, copy is also immortal but does not have the corresponding icon on it

i joined about a week ago and i was wondering how people get crazy scores within like a day?? lol...
    they're like in the 10s of thousands every day D=
    im only at 2700

Deck: light-death
    3 miracles and a morning star
    =]

We've been playing for much longer than you have Ace

i can tell lol, but how are new players like me supposed to catch up to u guys in the high scores??
    do they ever reset?

They do reset.

Ace, the high scores reset each week, in a way. Sunday night, the top 50 gets cleared and only those that resubmit get in. So someone with 20000 score that quits playing won't be in the top 50 past the last week in which they submitted. You keep your account score, just the top 50 gets cleared.

--rob77dp

Two things in this post after editing:

ONE:

Quote Originally Posted by rob77dp View Post
    Ace, the high scores reset each week, in a way. Sunday night, the top 50 gets cleared and only those that resubmit get in. So someone with 20000 score that quits playing won't be in the top 50 past the last week in which they submitted. You keep your account score, just the top 50 gets cleared.

--rob77dp
    Like Samura -- he's on 63k points, but hasn't been playing. For a start, he's mad, why stop playing such an awesome game, but he's going to get knocked off of the top spot sooner or later, and I think sooner, if he doesn't start up again.

Sorry, Samura, if you have been, but your score doesn't seen to have changed, and it was going up fairly consistently before.

TWO:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace The Shade
    i joined about a week ago and i was wondering how people get crazy scores within like a day?? lol...
    im only at 2700
    =]
    Look at it this way...I have about 300. And I've been playing since it was first released on Kongregate.

Anyway, the scores accumulate, and it is just the highest cumulative score submitted that day/week/month, so don't give up hope!
    Last edited by Pilchard123; 07-21-2009 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Attempt to un-double-post

Quote Originally Posted by Ace The Shade View Post
    im only at 2700
    =]
    Look at it this way...I have about 300. And I've been playing since it was first released on Kongregate.

Anyway, the scores accumulate, and it is just the highest cumulative score submitted that day/week/month, so don't give up hope!

Sorry to double post, yes, I do know about the edit button, nettiquette, blah, blah, blah. I DON't however konw if there is a delete post button...is there a delete post button?
    Last edited by Pilchard123; 07-21-2009 at 01:59 PM.

Triple Post, sorry

Sorry for the triple post, but I couldn't merge/delete my others, so it's kinda not my fault in a roundabout way...

Quote Originally Posted by CapAp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Rodger
    Go read the older posts on the subject. Plenty of people care.
    Nah, I'll pass. Because not only do I not care about someone making a loot deck, I care even less about your reasons for getting your panties in a knot over it.
    I'm going to dig this up again.

I care -- it ruins an otherwise good game.

Just to show him how wrong he is...

WHO'S WITH ME??

Sorry Pilchard.

Meh - I worried about it at first, but have since decided that zanzarino will be the judge of when to finally crack down on rare-giving and things like that. If I *see* it happening, I'll speak up against it, but no more rants or tirades about a free online fantasy card game. However, my position is still that just because "it's only a game" is no reason to turn a blind eye to unfair play/advantage.

--rob77dp

Elements 1.0 is almost ready; this is probably the last day of beta testing, unless some new big bugs get on my way.

The game can be tested here:
    http://www.elementsthegame.com/index2.html

The new version has realtime pvp available (random and versus a friend).
    The pvp scripts are new and a few glitches are to be expected, also, being multiplayer and realtime, some glitches are just unavoidable due to server/internet connections etc.

The new version also has multiple improvements (cancel function, less bugs, warning message for selling rare cards etc. etc.)

...and a few balance adjustements.

Give it a try... and tell me it is working!

Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    Give it a try... and tell me it is working!
    I tried. It's working. I almost won a freaking eternity. Would have been pissed if I did- unless it carries over into the "real" game...

I have 13 Owls Eyes, but can't win an eternity, or pulverizer, or arctic squid, or arssenis, or titan, or discord, or lobotomizer....

OK all done whining...

Seriously though. There should be a mechanism we can use to trade rares for other rares.

Almost 700 wins and not one rare care I can use in my deck unless I go back to my old FFQ/owls eye

Quote Originally Posted by marauder68 View Post
    Seriously though. There should be a mechanism we can use to trade rares for other rares.
    I'm down with this. Make it four or five-for-one trade. That way, you don't go into the transaction lightly, but you can do something with the vast stockpile of Life and Wind rares that tend to build up.

A few more Arctic Squid floating around would shut down the creature rush decks a little and force a bit more creativity with deck building.

Quote Originally Posted by Aetherliscious View Post
    I'm down with this. Make it four or five-for-one trade. That way, you don't go into the transaction lightly, but you can do something with the vast stockpile of Life and Wind rares that tend to build up.

A few more Arctic Squid floating around would shut down the creature rush decks a little and force a bit more creativity with deck building.
    3-4 would seem reasonable. But I'd seriously consider dumping 10 owl eyes for 2 eternities. If nothing else- it would make rares "rarer"