A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 83 of 96 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1913

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

C'mon guys.. I mean apparently they are "Sooooo numerous" and they are everywhere just beating everyone!

Where are they all when I need them =(
    Last edited by sixones; 08-11-2009 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard123 View Post
    I'm sorry, but it appears that you have fallen into a sarCHASM. This is the gap between someone making a sarcastic comment, and you picking up the sarcasm. Good luck getting out of it.

Wrong. It is a counter to NOTHING! If you get the wrong draws, then you may as well give up. It cannot be called a counter because it often DOESN'T COUNTER.

Have you noticed how rainbow is not used by everyone? If it was the 'counter to all colours', then everyone would use it. This is not the case.

In conclusion, you lose. QED.

Sorry to dig this up again.
    lol any deck will lose if they get a bad draw so ur argument is pointless

ppl run monos to avoid bad draws but in reality every deck is very vulnerable to bad draws and if this happens they will lose

btw eq is overpowered because it is a 1for 3 through out the game and trust me u do need all the towers u get because u don't draw all of tem in ur first hand

eq is designed to mess up ur early game, true but they do not lose much power unless u draw all of them on ur last hands

Quote Originally Posted by krazykraze View Post
    btw eq is overpowered because it is a 1for 3 through out the game and trust me u do need all the towers u get because u don't draw all of tem in ur first hand
    1 for three.
    How much does EQ cost? 3
    How much do pillars cost? 0. Actually they GIVE quantums.

the 1 for 3 argument is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by sixones View Post
    1 for three.
    How much does EQ cost? 3

Any experienced card game player will tell u card advantage is the most important aspect of the game (seeing u running 5 hourglass in ur rainbow means u probably realized this as well) because without cards u won't have anything to play with

towers are an important aspect of the content of ur deck if not the most important because without them u can't play any other cards...that said trading 1 card for 3 cards = deny ur opponent's draw phase for 3 turns which is basically the same effect as dimshield but u also destory cards in which dimshield doesn't

and u r right tat it is not the same as "this card can destory any 3 cards on the field" but if there is such card everybody would obviously play them

Sry for my grammar I typed all these on my iPhone

Any experienced card game player
    I lol'd.

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/613/1wtf.jpg

Would somebody like to explain what the hell happened to my hand?

I lol'd.
    I'm sorry maybe it is because of ur retarded sense of hummor but I don't see what's funny here

if u don't have a constructive counter argument then pls do us a favor and stop posting like a mindless retard

ur retarded sense of hummor
    Sorry my hummor is off today.

1 for three.
    How much does EQ cost? 3

If you really think that invalidates the one ofr three argument then you must be high or something. Eq destroys 3 pillars and only costs 3 quanta. Within the first turn the opponent is already down 3 quanta they would otherwise have. They basically lose 3 quanta every turn for the rest of the game. This is HUGE because this is quanta that is needed to be able to actually play cards so you can damage your opponent. All the while your opponent is moving at a regular speed getting his cards onto the field damaging you. While you're trying to catch up your opponent can play another eq to cripple your pillars. His TWO cards would then ahve most likely destroyed your SIX. Think of that as having four less draws than your opponent plus not being able to play te cards you have drawn. Zanz introduced Earthquake to ENCOURAGE multicolor decks not to DISCOURAGE mono color decks in my opnion. Combine Earthquake with devouers and the effects can be absolutely crippling. Even the slowest attacking deck can win if they draw an earthquake with a few devourers because it just completely locks down your opponent while you aren't able to do anything other than what you've already played. And anyone with an ounce of brains can fgure out how important card advantage can really be so unless you have a CONSTRUCTIVE counter argument to present then don't ven bother replying with your mindless babble.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkGate View Post
    If you really think that invalidates the one ofr three argument then you must be high or something. Eq destroys 3 pillars and only costs 3 quanta. Within the first turn the opponent is already down 3 quanta they would otherwise have. They basically lose 3 quanta every turn for the rest of the game. This is HUGE because this is quanta that is needed to be able to actually play cards so you can damage your opponent. All the while your opponent is moving at a regular speed getting his cards onto the field damaging you. While you're trying to catch up your opponent can play another eq to cripple your pillars. His TWO cards would then ahve most likely destroyed your SIX. Think of that as having four less draws than your opponent plus not being able to play te cards you have drawn. Zanz introduced Earthquake to ENCOURAGE multicolor decks not to DISCOURAGE mono color decks in my opnion. Combine Earthquake with devouers and the effects can be absolutely crippling. Even the slowest attacking deck can win if they draw an earthquake with a few devourers because it just completely locks down your opponent while you aren't able to do anything other than what you've already played. And anyone with an ounce of brains can fgure out how important card advantage can really be so unless you have a CONSTRUCTIVE counter argument to present then don't ven bother replying with your mindless babble.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paragraph

3 Quanta with a dark/earth deck typically takes 3 turns to get anyways as it relies on mark of earth. (2 if they are upgraded to quick sand.)
    By that time you should have had 11 cards anyways..50% of most decks are pillars. That puts you at on average lets say 5 pillars.

That means you were generating 6 quanta a turn given that you didn't have towers to start. One earthquake, down to 3 a turn. Still not too bad.

Now OBVIOUSLY you can argue that hey, you didn't get that many pillars because you were unlucky. They can get unlucky and not get EQ's as well.

There are some pretty decent decks that run on few or even no pillars (some FFQ variants, pillarless growthsplosion decks). Earthquake decks tend to include some creature control, and earthquake decks also tend to have much better upgrades, so you can't count on these things for a 100% solution. But they still do a fair job of taking the wind out of earthquake's sails.

Even short of that extreme, there are plenty of creature setups that are relatively inexpensive and take minimal quantum to keep running; earthquake can shut these down if it comes out right away, but that's not always going to happen, and once they get going earthquake might not actually slow them down. Otyugh decks, growth decks, poison decks... these are all going to need some quantum to keep them going, but good use of your main element coupled with a couple turns' leeway to get a stockpile going may see you through even in the face of earthquake.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ray View Post
    Ok, this is driving me nuts
    what level does AI use a lobotomizer, spent 3 hours going through lvl 1 and 2 and none of them plays lobo, spent like ages on lvl 3 and I'm sure that doesn't have it. lvl 4 is too unreliable now with aether only decks destroyed.

anyone know which level gives lobo, not counting pvp.
    Bumping this post becuase i have the exact same question. I have won over 600 games, mostly at level 3, and i have never never even seen a lobotomizer played.

If there is a lvl 3 cpu with an aether mark (which would persumably have a lobotomizer) am i just the most unlucky person ever, because i have never, seriously not even 1 time played against them?

Uhm, possible bug. I was 'this' close to beating chaos lord, but he kept killing my dim shields before they would get used. Anyone else every run across that? He wasn't playing deflag or destroy or anything. When his turn would end and his creatures started doing damage my shield would just disappear and his creatures would do full damage. Happened 2 turns in a row. It's possible I'm missing something, but it sure seemed like a glitch to me. Oh well.

another limitations that would be good to have in game

Random pvp should select a player with same level of deck, since is so easy for the many-accounts players to have full upgraded decks

If the player has a normal deck the random must select another normal deck (or a deck with some upgrades if no normal decks are available)
    If the player has a deck with less than 50% upgraded cards, again, random wont pick a normal deck, only less than 50% upgraded (or more)
    Same for decks with less than 100% upgraded but more than 50

Full upgraded decks should only be able to play against full upgraded decks (this to improve strategies, give the newbies a fair play and prevent abuse of the easy upgrading)

DEDICATED FORUMS ARE FUNCTIONAL AT : http://www.elementstheforum.smfforfree3.com

They will be being updated, so my "coupe of weeks" wasn't wrong. Please use real email adresses, you can't register without one. Requests for more boards etc. should be posted in "forum requests"

It is a work-in-progress, but it is usable, and more things will be added soon (within a week or two, when I have more than a DS to use)

Quote Originally Posted by CB! View Post
    Uhm, possible bug. I was 'this' close to beating chaos lord, but he kept killing my dim shields before they would get used. Anyone else every run across that? He wasn't playing deflag or destroy or anything. When his turn would end and his creatures started doing damage my shield would just disappear and his creatures would do full damage. Happened 2 turns in a row. It's possible I'm missing something, but it sure seemed like a glitch to me. Oh well.
    I know you said he wasn't playing deflag or destroy or anything, but are you sure he wasn't playing steal? When that's played, it tells you your shield was destroyed even though it shows up in opponent's shield spot. One thing I like to do when playing against rainbow or dark AI decks is to play a shield well before I need it in so if the AI uses steal it probably won't be at a critical point in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by alu. View Post
    Bumping this post becuase i have the exact same question. I have won over 600 games, mostly at level 3, and i have never never even seen a lobotomizer played.

If there is a lvl 3 cpu with an aether mark (which would persumably have a lobotomizer) am i just the most unlucky person ever, because i have never, seriously not even 1 time played against them?
    I'm concerned about this as well. I use monoaether against the gods usually, and against a couple of them the odds change drastically when I can get my single lobotomizer into play early, so I've been playing level 3 a lot lately for cash and in hopes of getting another lobotomizer or two. I think I remember seeing one played by the AI, but that might have been while playing t50 or against Gemini. Can anyone confirm seeing a lobotomizer or shown up on the spin wheel for level 3?

Quote Originally Posted by markson View Post
    I'm concerned about this as well. I use monoaether against the gods usually, and against a couple of them the odds change drastically when I can get my single lobotomizer into play early, so I've been playing level 3 a lot lately for cash and in hopes of getting another lobotomizer or two. I think I remember seeing one played by the AI, but that might have been while playing t50 or against Gemini. Can anyone confirm seeing a lobotomizer or shown up on the spin wheel for level 3?
    I have not seen a Lobotomizer on lvl 3 in quite some time - I won my only copy from a top 50 match. Got lucky and beat a pure aether top 50 and the slots blessed me with a Lobotomizer.

If level 3 is in fact using one somewhere, it is very rare and not brought out often. The last week I have farmed level 3 to getting 7 upgrades, to give an idea of how many/long I went without seeing on there.

--rob77dp

Quote Originally Posted by CB! View Post
    Yeah, he does have steals.

BUG?

I logged in the other day and my deck was changed from a real 30 card deck to a 60 card deck of all pillars.

I am also missing alot of my rare weapons.

All my discords, Titans, Owls eyes, Eternitys, Tridents, Miracles, Farenheits, Vampire Stilettos are gone!

Some of the other rare cards are still there though...

My account name is Back2flash.