A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: a flash container within a flash container..

a flash container within a flash container..

ok i'm going to try and explain this best i can! haha.

i have a flash document with buttons along the top which when clicked display different flash documents below in a container.. now one of these which gets displayed has 2 buttons on the side next to them another container and within that container you get 2 different documents displayed depending on which button you click on the side.. at least that is the plan!

so i have managed to get it so you have the first document displayed within the second container with the buttons to the side, however when you click one of those side buttons to view the second document it appears to display it in the first container as the buttons that were next to it have now gone.. i've tried changing the names of each container so they wouldn't get confused with each other but that seemed to cause it not to work at all...

i am so confused writing this so i hope someone can understand what i'm trying to do haha!

ok this might be easier to understand..

ok if you go here http://www.arisafukumoto.com/v2.0/mainmovie2004.html and click on collection it displays within a container a swf called collec-loader which has 2 buttons and a container displaying 'look book' within it. when you click illustrations it appears to display the 'illustrations' swf (which currently is the same just with the text illustrations written over a bit of it) within the main container not the 'collec-loader' container.. so how can i get it to know which container i want it to go in?
    Last edited by matt504hrs; 05-19-2009 at 09:05 PM. Reason: to try and make it make more sense!

what is the code you are using for those buttons on the left?

you have your:

MAIN.swf
    ---- what is the container you are loading the external.swf into?

--------you load a .swf called collec-loader into this 'container clip' above... yes?

insdie this 'collec-loader.swf' you have another container that you load images into...correct?

what is this containerClip called ?

thanks, i have solved the problem by making each page a new frame so that when the collection button is clicked it goes to the collection frame and those extra buttons appear and everything is displayed in just the one container.. i'm sure there was probably an easier way but this will do! thanks anyway!