A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Woohoo!

Woohoo!

I just bought me a new 50D
    With EF-S 17-85 USM IS

Im a happy bunny now!
    Been a while since I was here! Might just stay around this time! | Check out my Deviations - all comments welcomed!

Now we expect you to be around here a lot more
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I'm always here
    I lurk more than I used to

Was messing about with the EOS capture thing at the weekend, and slapped a small vid together using stop-mo

Its only on Facebook, so not sure if you can see it - but I shall drop the link in anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/vi...v=102061902200
    Been a while since I was here! Might just stay around this time! | Check out my Deviations - all comments welcomed!

And if that doesnt work - I shall upload it on YouTube at some point!

Nikonist
    Hi Enigma...nice to see you here...but why Canon?
    *joking*!!!!
    !!Click on your own risk!!

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

Seeing as I work for em
    I tried some Nikons actually, but to be honest I much prefer the massive range of lenses I have at my disposal here
    I dont need to buy any - I just borrow em from work!

Got a 10-22mm USM, 60mm Macro and the Macro TwinFlash in the bag at the moment

And at the weekend Im stealing the 24mm L series

Nikonist
    Ok...accepted!
    !!Click on your own risk!!

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

Damn. I just paid to rent the 85 1.8 I wonder if Canon USA is hiring
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

lol you can always ask em!

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    Congras you lucky bunny, now shake that tail of yours and show us some good work, I'm still debating whether I should get the 50D by next January or wait till June 2010 and get the 5D Mark II

and then beg for money

Nah the 5D Means your stuck to EF lenses, and it does have an issue with a fallen mirror at the moment, factory recall iirc:

http://www.canon.nl/Support/Consumer...=tcm:16-618473

I would be totally fine with keeping to only EF lenses if I had a 5D or any other full frame body. The EF-s lenses really only try to compare to other EF lenses for the crop sensors. Yes there are some amazing EF-s lenses like the 17-55 2.8 IS or the 60 Macro but I would LOVE full frame. Also all the cameras that have full frame are more top of the line so the other features are better and ISO performance is incredible. I would still even take a 5D classic...

It's in Dutch nigs, but I get the idea

So any news about a successor to the 50D, seems like a waste of cash to get a One Model later, was never a fan of the thing maybe I should just add a few more lenses instead.

I would keep up collecting lenses. The 40D is a great camera. The 60D will most likely be announced this fall or next spring and be out by the following spring or fall. I like my even numbers so I think I will stick with the 20,40,60,80...

Yeah grab lenses.
    I've not heard anything about a 50D MkII or a 60D, but I imagine Mid 2010 possibly.

Just waiting on the 500D to come into the office now actually just to have a see what it's like compared to the 450D in terms of image quality.

Does anyone post photos anymore or just jack it over equipment?
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

I am going on vacation....await a flood.

I'm leaving in the morning to the Eternal City, expect some nice ones, but I only spend 24 hours there

Caffiene pills here I come