A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Do only moderaters get avatars?

Do only moderaters get avatars?

Do I have REALLY bad eyesight, or is there no "edit avatar" option in the CP?
    That's it, I'm fed up with having my barely-legal signatures criticized.

Read at least one rule. It's in the Flashkit FAQ/Rules that you'll have to have 100 posts in order to get an avatar.

It's a link in my footer. btw... please stop dredging up old threads dude.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Wait, so starting a thread counts already as bumping an old thread? I should have clicked the post new thread button faster. You guys seem quite strict about that. Or just you, so far...

(btw, no i'm not that dumb) So ya, i'll try. It's just that with flash, a lot of my time on the forum is searching threads, and I forget that the order of threads there kind of differs from being date-wise.

oh, and after all my time on all the forums I've registered, I still don't know what necro is. Might be helpful, because having sex with old members doesn't seem like something frequent enough to become a rule...

And one last display of my ignorance:

Whoa, I just noticed my signature. So, the file can be no more or less than those dimensions and filesize? Filesize can vary depending on how many colors are in it, and getting it to be exactly 15 kilobytes in size might be hard for some people.
    Last edited by ShnitzelKiller; 05-20-2009 at 03:41 AM.

I'm not strict about your posts; however when you start bumping old threads and just using one sentence; you're going to get noticed by all of the moderators. That's the same type of tactic some spambots use before they start blasting the site with spam.

Necro means dead. Dead discussions, often months or years old. We've had people bump 9 year old threads to just post absolute nonsense. Those posts are removed and those threads locked.

To reiterate, it's not just me. I just pulled the short straw when it came to dealing with spammers that night. 10 got banned that same night I removed your footer and asked why you bumped an older thread sans links.

It's just that in most forums, threads on the front page are not very old. So I didn't think to check the date because a many-month old thread would surely have been pushed to at least page 2?
    anyway, I changed my signature.
    (oh, and I'm not a spam bot)

Glad to know you're not a spam bot.

Now, do you know the secret handshake yet?

The 3D area here at Flashkit has been a bit slow. A lot of the questions seem to end up in AS3 simply because of Papervision and the like being posted and usually more suited there.