A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Concurrent movement

Hybrid View

Concurrent movement

I'm migrating a corporate dashboard from Flash MX to KM7. The dashboard has 5 concurrently moving "gas gauge"-type indicators. I apologize for not posting a link or file: the information is proprietary. Each gauge is a half circle with a shape animation running from red -> yellow -> green -> blue, depending on the indicator value (0-4). Over each gauge is a line that rotates to the positing of the indicator value.

I'd like to stay within AS3, feeding the dashboard data via XML. I'd like to pick your collective brains for a sanity check.

The only way I can think of keeping the movement concurrent is to put each gauge in a separate movie clip. Will AS3 allow me to put the commands for each gauge in the timeline for the movie clip, or do I have to put everything in the timeline for the whole animation? If I have to have everything in the main file timeline (frame 1); how do I get the individual gauge code to run at the same time?

I'm sure I'm missing something very easy here.

I think I've noodled this out. I'm also using the TweenMax libraries for the color transformations on the dials.