A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: is this design possible in flash?

is this design possible in flash?

I was wondering if this idea would be possible to do in flash and maybe a combination of other programs. A system in which you pay a dollar to post a comment, and once the transaction goes through, the comment appears on the site. I want to try this out but have no idea where to start, i have a decent understanding of flash, but doing this the way i want to is leaving me stumped.

I was thinking about linking this to a paypal account, but i dont know how to set it up in such a way that the site confirm that a payment has been made before posting the comment.

There are a number of other problems i am running into just conceptualizing it, so any input would be greatly appreciated!

- thanks in advance

-_-
    Why in the heck would you have to pay a dollar to post a comment...

its a project, it's the concept and implementation that matter, not the practical use.

Well if we do pretend that anyone would pay a dollar to post a comment, sure it's possible. Just weird... XD

-_-
    Ah, ok. I have no idea how you would tie PayPal into Flash. You would need to have some type of PHP script, then have Flash send info to that script. How to tie the script into PayPal is something that you would have to look at the PayPal site for. No idea how that would work. It's probably just a little link.

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    There is a whole PayPal API that you can use as a payment gateway. Basically, you can use the normal PayPal checkout, but upon a successful transaction, it POSTs a transaction id to a script of your liking. You have to use that transaction id to make a CURL request back to PayPal's server to retrieve all the actual details about the transaction. You can then use that script to modify the comment to "visible" or however you set that up. It's not too complex, but the documentation is real bad, so it's hard to find everything.