A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Long live 3DFA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long live 3DFA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey all of you 3dfa freaks
    i just finished anther simple site tamplate all have been done in 3dfa
    here is the link
    http://www.b12mag.com
    if any body needs a code plz ask

3dfa don't die !!!!!!!!!
    I won't make it with out you !!!!!!!!!!
    kusco ConnELITE 3dh blanius any body plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

all of this knolege for nothing ???!?!? I am woring with 3dfa sens day 1 I think
    you cant take it from me !!!!!!!!!
    viva la 3dfa

I've long ago moved to Koolmoves

why
    when
    wtf is Koolmoves
    is it good ???
    is it like 3dfa ?>> is it flash ??
    if some body like me that don't know programming at all just 3DFA!!
    can he manage?

Like Bret I'm a KoolMoves user. The difference is that I haven't used 3DFA in the past. When years ago I got into swf authoring, I tried demo versions of 3DFA, SwishMax and KoolMoves and liked KoolMoves best (just a personal preference).
    I do visit this forum now and then. It's always nice to see what other swf authoring tools are capable of and how they develop. I admire the users that are still actively supporting 3DFA and don't give up on it. For me as an outsider, the support (or lack of it) is a bit strange. There has been a three year silence in the past, then there were a lot of updates that resulted into ActionScript3 support and now again a two year silence.
    If you like 3DFA and can live with the lack of updates, just keep being a happy user I would say.
    If you are looking for alternatives, there's KoolMoves, SWF Quicker and SwishMax . All have their pros and cons. KoolMoves and SWF Quicker support ActionScript3, SwishMax doesn't at the moment but will in the future.
    All these alternatives have free demo versions so you can try them out.

I was a long time 3dfa user, but when it went silent for a long time with some serious bugs that were keeping from getting some things done I started looking at other choices. I tried SwishMax for a while but one of the things I liked most about 3dfa and hated about Flash was the whole "Frames" concept. Swish tries to mimic Flash in the interface which has it's advantages but I wanted to get away from the timeline frames. Koolmoves does have a timeline, but I found I did have to learn a little scripting to really do what I wanted so I took a deep breath and did. Koolmoves does have wizards and non script easy to use freatures but I found in the long run that was not what I needed.

3DFA is still brilliant software in the way it made building flash projects with no scripting and it was by far the easiest to learn to use and if you are able to do what you want with the current version, enjoy it. But waiting years for even a mention of support or updates is well "optimistic" at best.

Try some of the demos out there.

...nice site, I'm still using 3dfa, but may have to change soon, actually move up to flash itself...

Hi Artuct,

Your prokect b12mag.com is very nice. I would like to do a little new, and pls could you post me your source code. I would like derive a new one from it.

Thanks a lot
    Albatros

I see this is a old thread, but oh well. I have had 3dfa for several years but have not used it much over the past few years. I needed to make an animated flash banner, so I fired it up again. Wow, it really is good. The samples (found in the program menu) gave me the perfect example to modify for my banner.

One of the things that 3dfa offers that some other programs don't is that it will import AVI files. I also like that it will, if the user prefers, export dependent movie files as stand-alone flv files.

I've long since moved on to Flash Professional and Flash Builder but 3DFA was very important to my development as a Flash programmer and I can honestly say I wouldn't be on my way to programming professionally if it wasn't for this community and this program. If 3DFA ever decides to go open source you can bet I'll be one of the top contributers.
    BC

Yeah, that would be a good idea. If it goes open. So it couldn´t
    stop developing, like it seems now. Maybe something like Blender.
    Would be cool...

cheers