A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: CS4 Navbar intro animation then menu, loop/stop problems

Question CS4 Navbar intro animation then menu, loop/stop problems

Hi!

First, I am an ultra newb who has read about 50 tutorials in the past two weeks or so.

So, here is what I am trying to do. I have a header navigation box in my flash page. I want, when someone opens the page, for an animation to play. Then, I want it to stop and display my menu.

What I have done: I created two frames and put my animation in one inside the movie clip. The second frame has the menu. When I try to test it, The frames flicker and the animation doesnt play.
    I tried putting stop() at the end of both frames. This just made it...not do anything and just display the menu.
    A friend suggested putting "root.gotoAndStop(2);" at the last frame of my animation, but then I get an error.

I am pretty stuCk and crazy frustrated.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

This is the file for CS4 and CS3

Hi there,

Hope this will help (I haven't checked out the file, but I think I get the gist of what you're trying to do).

On the main Timeline (the one that holds your MC with the animation and the menu), put the following action on frame 1:

stop();

Now go into the movie clip with the animation. If you are using AS3, put the following code at the LAST frame of that animation.

stop();
    MovieClip(parent).gotoAndStop(2);

If you are using AS2, put this instead:

stop();
    _parent.gotoAndStop(2);

Hope this helps out,
    Jen.

Jen
    Flash team tween blog: http://www.flashthusiast.com