A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] CS4: Graphics' "Play Once", "Single Frame" and "Loop" keep getting reset!?

resolved [RESOLVED] CS4: Graphics' "Play Once", "Single Frame" and "Loop" keep getting reset!?

All,
    Ok, so I use Graphics (as opposed to MovieClips) a lot... I know everyone thinks that MovieClips are the way to go, and we can debate this all day, but the bottom line is that when you have a loooong presentation with a lot of intricate animations that need to be timed to precise frames relative to each other... it's just easier to be able to scrub through the timeline at authortime instead of having to test out the movie....

ANYWAY, so I use Graphics because it gives you the ability to use the "Looping" options under the properties inspector to set the Graphic to show just a "Single Frame" or "Play Once" from a specific frame, or "Loop" from a specific frame. I've noticed that for some reason, if I try to make a change to these options, that the previous "First:" frame setting gets overwritten with a different setting. The new "First:" frame seems to come from the Graphic I selected BEFORE the one I want to edit.

For example...
    I have three instance of the same Graphic on the main timeline.
    Instance A is set to "Play Once" from frame "10"
    Instance B is set to "Loop" from frame "31"
    Instance C is set to "Single Frame", frame "6"

Now, let's say I want to change Instance A to start playing from frame 15 instead. I select it and change the "First:" frame to 15... no problem.

However, now I want Instance B to just "Play Once" instead of "Loop"... but I still want it to start at frame "31". I select Instance B and select "Play Once", and I don't touch the "First:" input... but as soon as I select "Play Once" from the "Options" pulldown... the "First:" field gets changed to "15"!

The same thing will also happen, even if I don't try and change the "Looping" options! Let's say I just want to change the Alpha of Instance C to %50. So I select Instance C and select "Alpha" from the "Style:" dropdown... and BOOM. Now instead of "Single Frame, First: 6" Instance C is now "Single Frame, First: 15".

I've attached a FLA if you want to test it yourself.

Is this just a bug, or is there some setting in the preferences that I can check/uncheck?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry for the delayed response, but in case anyone hasen't seen it yet, make sure that you download the Flash 10.0.2 updater, which resolves this issue (and many others):

http://www.adobe.com/support/flash/downloads.html

Jen
    Flash team tween blog: http://www.flashthusiast.com

Theoretically, they have fixed this in the new update... we'll see.