A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Change Flash file label

Change Flash file label

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick one -I have a projector file.. all working, no problems (even opens PDF's!) Sorry, had to brag about that one...

Anyway, all working great apart from when I launch the projector, I still get the label of "adobe Flash Player 9" at the top. Is there a way (In Flash - preferably without SWF Studio or third party app) that I can change this?

Also, long shot but you never know - can you change the icon of the Projector exe?

Oh, and for the gold medal and several million points - in Windows Explorer the Flash exe displays with the Title, and then underneath it says Adobe Flash Player 9.0 r159 and Adobe Systems inc. Can I change this

If anyone can help - please?

Thanks!

Sarah.

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    Read this post http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...17&postcount=4 from the FAQ for this forum.

Try this....

You could try Versiown which is free. I tworks on Flash 6, 7, 8, and 10 (CS4) projectors (I haven't tried on flash 9 projectors, skipped that one). You can change the name which appears in the title bar also.

http://www.goldshell.com/versiown/main.htm

Cheers!

versiown worked fine for me once before, but i just had trouble with it as the flash options (to change the title bar, remove right-click menu etc) wasn't showing up. finally i tried compiling an exe from cs3 and it worked. something in the way cs4, at least the mac version, is causing versiown to not recognize it as a projector file. saving as a cs3, opening in cs3, and publishing again makes versiown recognize it again however. FYI