A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: XML and navigation security conflict?

XML and navigation security conflict?

I've finally had time to work on the dashboard gauges. I'm running into an issue I believe probably has to do with security setting upon .fun export to .swf. I've attached a zip file containing the .fun file and .xml file. (TweenMax libraries are required.)

In a nutshell, the fun file creates five animated "gas gauges" based upon values in the xml file. I also need to be able to link each of these gauges to another file, ultimately also on our network. I'm trying to test the resultant swf and html files located on a local disk using standard web browsers. Here are the results I get from the two different Export Options for local playback security via the Export Settings dialog:

Access network only: no animation, but the link works
    Access local files only: animation works, but the link doesn't

The only link right now is the top left gauge.

I'm sure I've missed something very simple. And if you are kind enough to check the AS code, be gentle: I have a bunch of clean up to do, but I'm trying to be verbose right now. Thanks for any and all help!

Mary
    Attached Files Attached Files

I think that is the way it's supposed to work. If you need to acces local files you might need to wrap it in AIR or make a projector out of it. You might try reading up on security in flash player to see if there is a solution. You could also ask on the AS3 forum.

Thanks, Bret. I'm going to have to give it a try from our intranet site. If the problem only occurs when testing on a local drive, it's a null issue. Thanks again for the help!

Hey, check your email regarding the Koolexchange submission. the gauges look great

Thanks, Bret, for the kind words. It was a lot of fun to put together! I made the changes this morning and resubmitted it. I have a rudiments of the version with links, which worked fine once they were on our network (what I figured would happen).

Approved and available.. Nice!

Boo-yah!! Thanks so much, Bret!