A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gerbick's pole is dead.

Was the topic of integrating the arena into a social networking website already discussed? Everyone is taking advantage of this nowadays, grandmothers and commercial business alike. It just seems to be the direction our culture is moving towards, and rightly so, as the systems of communication are evolving rapidly and we are naturally a very social species. So these websites like Facebook or Twitter may be a great avenue to venture into.

On another note, I think bringing life into the arena is simple. It starts with you. If you want there to be more activity then get involved and start a thread. I know we're all very creative here and if you have an idea you think would gather attention then go for it. Even if you're not entirely sure it will attract a lot of people, you never know.

Also, just tell your friends about it. All it might take is a buddy of yours creating a Flashkit account and having a little one on one battle or whatever with each other to get people to see that the Arena still has great potential. I can't speak much for myself, as I think someone else has put it while reading through other posts regarding this topic, because I myself have taken on a whole life of responsibilities since I first joined when I was still in school. I just don't have the time I used to but I am certainly trying whenever the opportunity presents itself.

That's all I got for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacaboo288 View Post
    ... I myself have taken on a whole life of responsibilities since I first joined when I was still in school.
    /100% agree

It has been something like 8 years since I found Flashkit, and even 5 since this account was created. Things change a lot from when you're 15 to 23. Unfortunately time is not something that a lot of us have anymore.

I like the suggestion of creating a Facebook Group or something for this though. I think that is a lot more accessible than a forum nowadays.

DaVulf I could not have put it better my self.

"It has been something like 8 years since I found Flashkit, and even 5 since this account was created. Things change a lot from when you're 15 to 23. Unfortunately time is not something that a lot of us have anymore."

When I first found this place I was teaching my self Flash 4.0 And I had just finished my basic training. I remember sitting in my barracks in Ft. Benning when I found this puppy back in 2000.

Gerbick was the first one to welcome me with some server space during a battle. I had no notion of photoshop tennis... it is because of this place I am where I am digitally.

I keep coming lurking.

There are some people still around.

I'm actually reminiscing here listening to "All I need" by AIR, coming to the realization that our notion of time is so f....d up. Wow how it passes by... this year this decade is over with and I've done so much. And this place brings me a lot of memories. Some of the battles I've had here had seen me through several break ups, through unemployment, even through all those that I went through this past decade I could always count on coming here to see if one of my opponents had dropped hopping they had dropped so I can create and distract my self.

I don't think any of you know how special this place is to me. I've searched out DQS, Were-Here and other forums... and they all have done their time and have moved on.

But the Arena is still here.

Man, I still need this place. and I miss the community feel it had.