A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Need feedback on new Flash Site

Need feedback on new Flash Site

Hello All,

I would like to have constructive feedback on this website.
    The Demon Boy

It's my first website in Flash. Still working out minor details.
    Any thoughts, suggestions or general comments on the design and usabilty are welcome.

Thanks!

AKA [ Paul Bainbridge] webdreamer's Avatar
    You have good yourself off to a good stuff. Not the greatest of flash site but hey it's your first and there is no doubt that there is potential there.

A couple of points.

1. Navigation is visible whilst site is preloading. Should not be visible to fully preloaded

2. Contact us form. I always recommend that you don't rely on the end user having some mail client installed. If anything try using a php contact form or look to just have a bit of contact information on this page displaying your email address as a link and selectable.

Hope it helps and good luck with your flash
    .: To me AS is like LEGO, Only for the big Kids :.
    - Site - Blog - Twitter - Linkedin
    bringmadeleinehome.com

thanks

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to look at my site and give useful feedback. I agree with you on the email form and the preloader- these are two things I want to change. The email form is redundant. Preloader shows how "green" I am with AS3

Thanks again!

I like the look and feel of the site. The only thing that made it seem like an amateur flash site to me was the quality of animations on the transitions and the movie projector. But things like that come with time and personally flash just sucks for producing animations, which is why everyone uses 3rd party tools and then they import movie files into the fla.

Thanks for your comments Kirill,

I was wondering: what 3rd party tools/software would you suggest to make the animations look more professional? After Affects? Also, with the movie projector: is it the way I've drawn it (technically) that makes it look amateurish or the way it's animated? Just curious, I want to continue to develop this site.
    Thanks again.

It's mostly the gradients on the panels of the projector. The drawing is actually pretty detailed. But those gradients don't do it justice. I would tie it into the rest of the site's motif by making it look handdrawn/sketched. I don't do design myself so I'm not the person to ask about tools for making animations, so I can't help there unfortunately.

Cool. Thanks again. This helps me.

By the way, I looked at your games/engines (from your website) and I like them. I played all of them for just a bit. Good stuff.