A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Project Information [Dev Required]

Graphically Impressive

Arrow Project Information [Dev Required]

Resolved.

Last edited by fluxdev; 06-22-2009 at 08:57 PM.

Are you the same guy whose been coming here for years under lots of different user names trying to get a coder to do a game just like this ?

Squize.

Graphically Impressive
    The game was put on hold for a long time and it feels like the time to get the project underway. I teamed up with a developer in the past to create a basic engine – that’s as far as it ever got.

Pumpkin Carving 2008 ImprisonedPride's Avatar
    In other words, yes.
    The 'Boose':
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 TUF
    Intel Core i7-2600K Quad-Core Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz Overclocked to 4.2GHz
    8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3
    ASUS ENGTX550 TI DC/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 1GDDR5 (Overclocked to 1.1GHz)
    New addition: OCZ Vertex 240GB SATA III SSD
    WEI Score: 7.6

Yay! Just as I was getting bored of FK, my favourite marketeer returns, WOOO!

iPhone ey? Interesting stuff, so you using any middleware? Unity? iTorque? VapourWare? Unity is ok for racing games, but I reckon VapuorWare is right for this project.

ChrisError x

Graphically Impressive
    Vaporware :P Good one.

You're still prone to the BS to sell the game, which you should know really just alienates people here, "Creating a benchmark in the Flash Platform", come on mate, we don't need to hear that when there's not one line of code written.

And aiming for a newgrounds launch isn't really aiming for the stars.

But, I've got to admire your dedication to the project. It may be borderline psychotic, but that's not always a bad thing.

Squize.

Have you checked out: Drag Racer V4? The developer of V3 is porting the Flash game to the iPhone.

You're boasting the game as if it's done and with a pretty cocky attitude. Maybe show some modesty and admit you need help?

And I find it very annoying that you're post is talking about development as if it's some giant company releasing a game, and that having an exclusive game on Newgrounds is something big. Seriously, it's just you and another guy. Just say what's up, what's the deal, and then ask for help if you need it. You make it sound like an honour to join the "development team"...

P.
    WIP-ZOMBIES

I love vegetarians! More meat for the rest of us!

Graphically Impressive
    I apologise for the way I’ve handled this, it’s taken a lot of continuous effort to get the proper help required and still nothing – I guess that’s why I resulted in writing something unbelievably cocky. When I first started the project I wasn’t mature even to even start talking about it and now it seems I still mightn’t be.

I’m very aware that Drag Racer 4 is coming the iPhone, I teamed up with Adam Tefler, the programmer on Drag Racer Online which was only up for a very short period – he’s been a real inspiration for getting this project off and Speed Check has been based on the very foundations of the Drag Racer Series – with the exception of wanting to do something a lot more focused on playing rather than just tuning a car. I want this game to be a benchmark for flash gaming by the features I’ve had planned. It’s an immense project and would really take a lot of work for a programmer. My involvement would be everything related to art, the GUI, Cars, Parts and Backgrounds. I’m sorry for kicking up a fuss here, it’s such a different and more professional environment.
    Last edited by fluxdev; 06-18-2009 at 06:13 PM.

dude why not start a smaller more realistic project with someone? You obviosuly have the passion for the design and want to dedicate your time. Building something that even just a few hundred or thousand people play is still an amazing feeling and helps you learn what you need to do for the next bigger project. Dare I say it, but maybe even shelve the Drag Racing idea for a bit, and work on some new fresh (easier) ideas maybe?

ChrisErrorx

Graphically Impressive
    I’ve had an idea to work on a game which incorporates music and rhythm and the other which is a remake of the popular simulator ‘Sim Tower’ were the user creates a hotel and is faced with an amount of challenges associated. I just feel up to anything, I just want to do art and visuals for a game.

Quote Originally Posted by fluxdev View Post
    and the other which is a remake of the popular simulator ‘Sim Tower’ were the user creates a hotel and is faced with an amount of challenges associated.
    I've been wanting to do this too Great old game.
    Last edited by Draxus; 06-18-2009 at 11:27 PM.

"I just want to do art and visuals for a game"

Have you seen:
    http://www.flashgameart.com/

Kong have launched a similar thing.

The problem you've got ( Always had really ) is that you're pitching an idea to game developers. Any game dev. worth knowing should always have dozens of their own ideas, so it's a huge ask for them to try and create your vision, they just don't have the same buy in that you have.

Get some games under your belt as an artist, earn some money, and then you'll be in a much better place to pitch to a coder.
    FlashGameLicense would be a good place to look to. You get a wide spread of coding ability there, but a lot of people there will see the $$$ in your idea ( It seems more money than artistically lead there at times ).

But get those complete games under your belt, make people want to work with you, and then you can pick and choose instead of having to change user name here every 6 months or so and have to listen to the same flames over and over again.

Squize.

Graphically Impressive
    Got ya! Thanks for the advice : ) – sorry again for the hassle caused. I might sign up in the future to flashgameart.

Oh btw Draxus...