A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Koolmoves Depth Dilemma

Koolmoves Depth Dilemma

Hello everyone!

Do you have a solution for this:

I´m trying to create a page with different buttons (=pictures of persons), which are aligned next to each other (Koolmoves 6.2). When going over a button by mouse a window is meant to pop up displaying information about the person on the picture.

My problem now is this: I´m having trouble with arranging the depth/layers of my buttons. I would like to have the popping up box always in front. However, it seems not to be possible to edit its depth independent from the buttons. So, I´m only having ONE button in front, my popping up boxes are always covered by buttons which are further in the front than the used on.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Michael

you can set the depth of your pop up window. Are you reusing a movieclip or is there one for each button? Source file would help. or at least an example file.i

Koolmoves testpage file

Quote Originally Posted by blanius View Post
    you can set the depth of your pop up window. Are you reusing a movieclip or is there one for each button? Source file would help. or at least an example file.i
    Thank you very much for your effort! I tried already before setting the depth of the popup-window...however, it did not work an they still got covered by buttons

Here is an attachment with the problematic page...maybe you can help!

Greetings,

Michael (brassman)
    Attached Files Attached Files

The problem you are having is that you are using the over state of the button so the behavior is what I would expect as the buttons depth is the order they are in the GUI.... You'll have to do some scripting to make this work..
    I'm not sure you can use onRollOver on buttons so you may need to use movieclips instead.
    Then rather than putting the extended info in the button lets make a seperate clip that you can show and hide then you can force it to the top with swapDepths().....
    Or you could use just one movie and load the info into it when rolled over.

On roll-over, go to frame. Have each of your pop-ups adjusted for their own frame. Now on roll-out, go back to frame 1.

EDIT: Here's a basic example of what I was explaining. But it was made in KM 7.0.2
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by FLASHPULSE; 06-15-2009 at 03:39 PM.