A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sorry for the delays...this will have to do.

Sorry for the delays...this will have to do.

This was a VERY spur of the moment shoot from today. Hopefully tomorrow I can get to the rest of my archive and this can hold you off for now

Damn flickr really desaturated these! I really need to look into things people do to their photos when they know when they will end up on flickr...

Comments/Crits as usual.

Canon 40D w/ 70-200 f/4 & 430EX on a tripod to the left triggered with a cactus trigger V2 and the speedlite covered with a styrofoam cup and paper towel.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Nikonist
    That first one is great with a nice Dof...great to see some 'lingerie' shots...might post some also as soon as my little time will allow...
    !!Click on your own risk!!

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

Thanks. I have a few more from that shoot but it was late and I thought these 2 were the best. Not too shabby for a 10 minute shoot from setup to take down
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

What is the EXIF on those? and was the flash on manual and if so what settings?

Was there a lot of PP on them?

I am having a lot of trouble with my flash!!! I am trying my hardest to get great results but I am not happy with any of the results to date, I got the same lens and flash as you but I got the 450D

I have a plastic diffuser but never though of using a styrofoam cup!!! wouldn't you get the same results if you just banged the flash on to manual and set it to say 1/32?

I have one of those omni bounce flash covers as well but I was trying to narrow the beam a little bit so I cut the bottom of the cup out and rubber banded the paper towel to the bigger end. The flash was on a tripod just out of frame(maybe 4 ft from subject?) and angled down just slightly. I am PRETTY sure I had it set at 1/4 and some I think I had down to even 1/8th but that was as low as it ever got.

Both shots have the same settings.
    ISO200 - f5.6 - 1/250th @ 84mm

Also not a lot of PP was done to them. Little bit of saturation and a little bit of dodging & burning but nothing major. The biggest thing was trying out a skin smoothing technique and some high pass sharpening. Hope this helps.