A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] Estimating €€€ of a work

resolved [RESOLVED] Estimating €€€ of a work

Hello guys,

A client of mine is interested in my breakout (go to http://nyctalopic.free.fr, check the first game of the bottom of page).
    My work will consist of modifying it by adding some client design, a splash screen, maybe highscores. Then, the game will be given & exploited on the client web site.
    I guess it ll take me 5 days (you can correct me if you think I m wrong).

Anyone can MP me how many I can charge for it ? It 's my 1st job as freelance

Thanks !

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar
    diuck,

First of all, this isn't the right section for this post, if you read the guidelines for posting here, you'll see that this is just for posting flash jobs...and you'll probably be reprimanded by a mod who will move this to the correct location...also, the FK rules prevent us from talking about specific prices, costs, etc.

That being said...here's what I do when I estimate a project:
    Figure out (as best I can), how long I think a project will take me in hours.
    Multiply that figure by 1.5 (as I have a tendency to under-estimate my time, often times don't figure in any bugs, testing, etc. so this is how I combat that)
    Multiply that figure by how much I charge hourly. Your hourly rate will depend on many things, experience, how much work you currently have, how "fun" the project might be, how difficult the client might be, etc.

There you go! That should give you a rough estimate to run by the client.

Hope that helps!!
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

Thank you for replying.
    I posted it in the hurry, so I certainly made it the wrong way (sorry for that, modos...). In fact, I expected some answers by private message.

By the way, your method seems to be good, I ll take it in consideration. Thanks.