A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: muliple instances of same swf w/ differnt flvs

muliple instances of same swf w/ differnt flvs

I have a page that has 7 swfs with the same name with different flvs loaded in using the FLV component 2.0. I am loading in the flv titles via flashvars i.e.:
    Code:
    <param name="FlashVars" value="vidpath=Hay Accumulator on bobcat 480 360 29.97 768.flv" />
    I know the file name is whack, but I didn't create it...

What I"m noticing is that the vids seem to be battling for bandwidth and all are autoplay = false, but the preloading keeps them from showing the first frame of each. They will show the first frame of each vid when they are fully loaded, but that won't work in this case...
    example: http://www.wrlonginc.com/videogallerywrlong.html

I am handing this off to someone who needs the ability to simply add a flash param for the loaded flv. How do I make this operate similar to youtube where it is not preloading anything or doing anything until the play button is pressed?

Again, autoPlay = false for all instances.

I can convert to AS 3, but want to make sure it'll work before converting to 3.0, IF there's not an easy fix in 2.0.

put your flvplayback components on frame 2 and have an image on frame 1

thanks dan hin,

but that won't work, I"m handing this off to a budget client that is not a designer, and he will constantly be changing/adding videos.

There has to be a way, even if I need to in AS 3.0. I simply want it to work like YouTube.

well in that case, why not just include a config file in either xml or rich text with the swf so that he can choose:

- how many swfs to include on the page
    - the source of the flvs

Dan

Thanks dan_hin, but I"m not sure how that would fix the issue of having 7 swfs preloading FLVs at once.

There has to be a way w/ the netstream class (I would think)

they wouldn't all load at once if you stop()ped the timelines before the video initialised.

that's why youtube/many other video sites have a preview of the videos before you get to the videos themselves.

Dan