A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Hosting Solution anyone?

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar

Hosting Solution anyone?

So I have about a week of free time -deliberately free if it makes any sense-

and was thinking it's about time to work on my gallery website

Nuff with the free solutions, I'm getting a nice web space hosting my photos there and all I need is a space to host .swf and your average .html and nothing fancy, basically it's a showcase with limited functionality

Any ideas where you FK'rs host, best option, package...etc?

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar
    I think the least expensive, most reliable host I've found is probably GoDaddy. Not ideal if you need to set up lots of custom stuff, but, for a cheap, solid package, theirs is good.
    I also recommend ixwebhosting.com. Great plans with unlimited storage, fabulous if you want to set up shared server hosting with clients.
    For higher end flash stuff, fast servers, etc. I suggest MediaTemple.net

Hope that helps!!
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

I need to do the same damn thing.

atm I have hosting through servage.net and it has been awesome for what I've used it for so far and it's cheap.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I used Godaddy for domain name purchase a long time ago, and I really liked their service, prices, domain parking...etc plus the name makes me giggle like a school girl

Will take a look at the packages and see if servage.net have something similar for cheaper

Thanks guys

hi,
    i have 2 of my sites hosted with http://www.xnynz.com/ which is essentially a free hosting and also has a photo album sharing platform wrapped with its features

I smell spam!!!