A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: For the wedding photographers!!!

For the wedding photographers!!!

Hey everyone - For the wedding photographers out there, what are some of the problems that you have running your business? The most common problem I tend to hear about is marketing... Does anyone else struggle with that?

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

-Andy
    -----------------------

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    as any supply and demand business, marketting is a HUGE part of it

What you need to do from the begining is determine what you want, to be a main stream photographer or to have your own unique style

either ways you'll need exposure, you can hang flyers in churches and weddig registration offices, word of mouth, a bridal magazine or two, classifieds and nothing beats good ole website with lots of example, testemonies from previous clients...etc

research the topic intensely if you mean to make a living out of it, search other Wedding photogrpahers in your business area and see what they offer and what you can offer better than them in terms of fees, services and after-sales, for e.g. you can keep a copy for them on your servers or on a Backup tape for good...etc

Have you tried using any social media? Facebook/LinkedIn/Myspace?

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andydri View Post
    Have you tried using any social media? Facebook/LinkedIn/Myspace?
    They will of course work, but you don't want to reply heavily on these types of exposure and risk looking like an amateur/cheap photographer

Remember, to make money you have to spend money

a reference over here or there in such social websites is very helpful, but don't make it your primary promotional venue

exclusive member ( V I P ) tiGRAN=-2001's Avatar
    you will benefit greatly by using your own network of friends and family. Let them know you're there and you have a website/portfolio.. start by offering something reasonable