A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: open a folder in explorer from CD Projector

open a folder in explorer from CD Projector

Hi there,
    Please can anyone tell me how to make a link that browses folder from a projector on a CD?

I have used the code
    on (release) {
    getURL("PrintableImages", _self);
    }

But this opens all the content in a web browser, I want the users to be able to browse the folder and see all the images easily.

I would Like it to work on Mac and PC if possible. I am using CS4.

Hope someone can help!

Thanks
    Deborah

I'd also really like to get my hands on this information. I've searched the board, and googled a lot on this subject. I've come up with a method of using batch files, and a method of using an AS2 url function.

I'm using AS3, and am doing my first flash project, which happens to be an autorun project. I'd like this to open on as many different machines as possible, so I'm curious if there's a better way to do this then with a batch. However, I'm using north's proxy/batch to run files and that portion is working well for me.

Thanks so much, I'm only a few days into my project and this board has helped so much that I decided to sign up. Hopefully soon I'll be in a position to give a little something back

Thanks very much for any help you can offer.

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    Unless you can write you can create you own EXE files using C/C++, Delphi, etc then you're stuck with canned solutions like my proxy tool and BAT files. You could try a third part swf2exe tool but that's going to cost you some coin.

Thanks northcode, I just wasn't sure if there was an easy way to do it with AS3 or something. It's not a big deal as i suppose most people that need access to the files will know how to get to them.

Thanks again

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    Here's a link to my proxy tool. It's FREE. With proxy you can use fscommand EXEC (it still works in AS3) to run any BAT file (withouot the ugly DOS box) which means you can open folders, launch documents or just about anything else you need to do. If you need a hand getting it working, just give me a shout.