A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Will a cartoon resource site work

Question Will a cartoon resource site work

I am planning to build a website similar to http://cartoonsolutions.com/ . It will involve a lot of effort but is it a good idea? Will something like that will work ?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Maryam

Well, I guess if you look at things like that, and perhaps another example such as Flash Den, You may notice that they are very successful.

I haven't got much experience in building a successful money raking site, but the really successful ones appear to have lots of user submitted content.

I'm pretty sure that to get that kind of user base, you need LOTS of advertising.

Now, to make a smaller-ish site, to just sell licenses for things that you create, might be more simple.(Relatively)

Look at 8-Bit Rocket for example. They sell small loops, and also offer them free.

that kind of thing may be easier to start out. (Using more than just music clips of course.)

Anyway, that's just me rambling on, I am a super NOT-Expert when it comes to this, so this is just a thought.
    In the process of designing a quirky little game engine called gulp. Check out it's progress below: @ my blog.

---

Check out my blog at XenElement.com

Google's keyword tool can tell you about the competition for your keywords that can help.