A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Complete] TEXTreme Adventure

Smile [Complete] TEXTreme Adventure

This is my second Flash game, finished just recently. Have fun!

------
    Ready for an extreme (text) adventure? I know I am! Prepare yourself for a TEXTreme Adventure! And puns. Lots of puns. Inspired mostly by Homestar Runner’s Thy Dungeonman games, and partly by the Legend of Zelda.

Instructions in-game (after you click play). Please read them.
    ------

If you need any help, let me know.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/gold...reme-adventure

Also be sure to check out "Coded Hallway" while you're there (in my profile).

Looks pretty interesting. It has a nice feel, though I didn't make it far into the game. It was a bit difficult to me to try to keep orientated just with my imagination, though I liked that it had no graphics but I had to imagine the scenes. Good job.
    This is MC. His _parents sent him to stop() by the super market to buy some _root beer if he wanted to gotoAndPlay() with his friends at the park later.

This is my Blog!... The gaming Process
    Please check out my site: Giddel Creations

But it still fills prams ivorsmallun's Avatar
    Hi goldleader23,

Good game. I can remember these types of adventure games back in the early 80's. Gets the old brain working..

Ivorsmallun...

Nice game, but um, I appear to have glitched it on my first try. On the first screen, I typed VOID, trying to see what happens if I stupidly enter the void. The screen changed to "No."
    after that no matter what I typed, the game would not respond. anyone Else get this glitch?
    In the process of designing a quirky little game engine called gulp. Check out it's progress below: @ my blog.

---

Check out my blog at XenElement.com

I typed "go to north" and it displayed 'No.' What the heck?!? At least allow me to go back or undo or tell me how I can undo what I've done!

Anyway I tried the game again and entered 'go north' instead and played a bit - it was interesting. I liked the fact that there are sound effects. That helps the game a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by XenElement View Post
    Nice game, but um, I appear to have glitched it on my first try. On the first screen, I typed VOID, trying to see what happens if I stupidly enter the void. The screen changed to "No."
    after that no matter what I typed, the game would not respond. anyone Else get this glitch?
    The instructions tell you to type your answers in lower case. Words are only capitalized in the descriptions to get your attention. Type either "back" or "look" (without quotes) to return to the beginning of each screen.

Quote Originally Posted by dVyper View Post
    I typed "go to north" and it displayed 'No.' What the heck?!? At least allow me to go back or undo or tell me how I can undo what I've done!

Anyway I tried the game again and entered 'go north' instead and played a bit - it was interesting. I liked the fact that there are sound effects. That helps the game a lot.
    Type "back" or "look" (without quotes) to return to the beginning of each screen.

Thanks for the comments, everyone!