A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to publish my Flash site...

Question How to publish my Flash site...

I know strictly speaking this isn't a flash question but please read on. I know Flash well enough to make my site but know virtually nothing about HTML. I have published my HTML through Flash but the image is always aligned top left and not centred. I want to change the code to make it centre in the browser window but there's pages of the stuff and I'm not sure what's what or what to change. Please help, everything's ready to go I just need to sort this out before I go live. Thanks

to center align your site. publish the flash to html using flash, as normal. then go to the file on the hard drive, right click, and select ''edit''

this will open up notepad with the code in it.

just above <body> place <center> and just below </body> place </center>

this is the most simple way of doing it.

you could also create a div tag that is relative with automatic margins and use it as a master container, but this should work well enough.

old:
    <body>
    </body>

new:
    <body align="center">
    </body>

*If you interested in learning basic HTML, this site is great! :
    http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp
    Javascript, CSS, XML, PHP & more too!
    Last edited by dplows; 07-23-2009 at 01:50 PM.

Hi Guys. Thanks for the help. It's aligned middle vertically but still sits at the top of the page. It's not too bad but I'd still like to get it right. The site is live now if you want to take a look. Also have a look at the source code. http://digitalhero.com.au/
    I created the html from flash and haven't done anything myself, except for the centering bit. Thanks Dudes

Looks like the pop-up menus are a little glitchy.......love the style of the site though!

Think about adding a subtle gradient or something for the background of the site. Something that complements the Flash movie, but does't draw too much attention. It'd really make a better site.