A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Dynamic TXT Flash blog

Dynamic TXT Flash blog

Hi all!

I've maintained a blog on my site, and it's a real pain to post in it because everytime I do it, I get TXT files from people using PCs (I use macs), and when I copy and paste that text into flash, it adds double the lines they used. So I have to edit them to take out all the extra spaces.

If that wasn't bad enough, The titles and content use different fonts and different sizes, so they're two different static textfields. And to set each posting apart from the other, I added a line between them. But for it to look good, this has to be in the exact middle between the end of one post, and the next post's title. But since each post has a different size, it's also a pain to measure that distance everytime I add a post.

So I was thinking, one way for me to solve all this is to make a movieclip which does all the calculations by itself, and draws text from an external textfile. Maybe using HTML text I can have two different fonts and sizes in one textfield, instead of two?

Anyway, what I want is to just get the new post from people, paste the new text inside the TXT file, overwrite the one on the server with it and voilÃ*, that way I don't even have to open flash when adding new posts.

Anyone have a good way to do this?

And then, for extra coolness, maybe if I get this working, I could make a page where the posters could log in and post...this page would save the post to the txt and that would make posting a lot easier because then they don't need me to post!

Help?
    Up the Irons!!

bump.
    Up the Irons!!