A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: weird problem with a flash form.

weird problem with a flash form.

I have a flash form (CS3 AS2) which has login and register sections. I've tested it in IE, FF and Safari and it works in all of them.

However, my client gets a few emails a week saying it doesn't work. I've talked with someone who couldn't get it to work and she said she used Safari 4.0 and that the submit button didn't do anything. This is the same version of Safari I have and it works fine for me. If it was one person having problems it would most likely be their fault, but quite a few people have complained now. I don't know what it could be. Any ideas?

hi,

Do they have the required Flash version? Are you verifying this (with swfobject, for example)?

Hi and thanks for the reply. I normally use swfobject but in this case the site had to fit the screen 100% and I had problems getting swf object to except percentages.

The whole site is one flash file. If they can navigate to the gallery login/register page surely they should be able to get in as it's just some more AS linking to a few PHP pages and MySQL table.

If despite this you still think it could be a flash version problem, is there a simple way of verifying they're version but also haveing the index.swf fit 100% x 100%?

thanks again,

If they can navigate the other sections of the site...

I've never had any problems using percentage with swfobject... Instead of the fixed width and height, I'd just replace those values with 100%...

Are you using relative paths when sending the data to the PHP script?
    If you are using absolute paths, make sure you have a cross domain policy file.
    Strangely, I've seen a site without the crossdomain.xml file failing for some computers, while working for others... when it should fail all the time.