A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cnn gives Obama a C+

I think it's pretty evident that Obama will be a one-term president unless he somehow makes this financial issue go away by early next year.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Well, prior to the election, the best odds bet in Vegas was that no matter who won, that they would only be a one term president. I think the financial situation is well on it's way out of the dungeon, but for the masses to 'see it' unemployment will have to turn around. Unfortunately for him, it will be another 4-6 quarters of lagging employment. Mid to late 2010 should be the turning point on the employment front. Many large employers have been putting off layoffs as evidenced by the most recent numbers, but may still be forced to go down that road. No matter which party they come from, I don't like one term presidencies. It always turns into a 'lost' 4 years.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

You're about my age... the last one term president was Carter.

I don't think that analogy holds much weight unless you're a history buff and you're stuck in time. As it stands, the odds in Vegas - which I was unaware of until now - seem to be the best ones... Obama will be a one-term president.

And it's mostly because of the outcry from the folks from Glenn "Obama's a racist" Beck, Rush "I hope he fails/Obama is like Hitler" Limbaugh, Sarah "Healthcare reform is evil" Palin, Sean "Obama is against white people" Hannity and basically the others that seem hell bent on allowing ****tards like Beck and Rush run rampant as the new voice of the GOP/people... which in itself is downright sad.

I've said it before. I didn't want him to run, win or stay in office simply because nothing will make people happy when unemployment stays near 10% and people aren't making as much money as they once were.

Healthcare, Clinton got his ass handed to him. Twice.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    Ummm...

You can't call his years "lost" at all. That's what I was alluding to.

Gulf War, "read my lips", the continuation of Reagonomics... Dan "Potato" Quayle. Not lost at all.

Now... if you say that Bush was a one-term president that's forgettable like Carter... you're sadly mistaken.

Or one big ass crackhead.

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar

Somebody looks angry for being forgotten

And it's mostly because of the outcry from the folks from Glenn "Obama's a racist" Beck, Rush "I hope he fails/Obama is like Hitler" Limbaugh, Sarah "Healthcare reform is evil" Palin, Sean "Obama is against white people" Hannity and basically the others that seem hell bent on allowing ****tards like Beck and Rush run rampant as the new voice of the GOP/people... which in itself is downright sad.
    Beck is a flash in the pan. He will be forgotten by '12. Limbaugh.. well limbaugh couldn't get McCain elected. Those listening to Limbaugh would never vote for a D anyway. Sarah.. she only helps democrats.

I've said it before. I didn't want him to run, win or stay in office simply because nothing will make people happy when unemployment stays near 10% and people aren't making as much money as they once were.
    he could luck out. If the economy recovers.. it should be recovering quickly starting in 12.. maybe 11 if we are lucky. Obama can ride that. he may lose congress in 10.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Quote Originally Posted by hanratty21 View Post
    Yes, but many times, the legacy issues fall into the second term. Obama is dealing with economy issues (certainly about as big as they get) but I don't think that he wants his legacy to be defined by that. Anything done in the first term is usually in line with the 'getting re-elected' mantra.

Perhaps those that get a second term to think about legacy are not those that worry about it in their first term.

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Nixon - did some great things in his first term. Forgotten due to Watergate.

Ford - More people remember Chevy Chase than him.

Carter - Diplomacy god. Egypt/Israel coup d'grace. Forgotten due to being a peanut farmer.

Bush Senior - Was basically Reagan's 3rd term. If there were no term limits in 1988, you'd have FDR II on your hands.

All forgettable 'one-term' (using the term loosely) presidents.

Was the 55mph - Google's actually failing a bit here - Nixon's first or second term?

Ford... can you really count him?

Bush Sr. - I still don't think his years will be considered "lost". Not when it was basically - as you stated it - a third Reagan term.

was the 55mph - google's actually failing a bit here - nixon's first or second term?

I saw that it was recommended earlier, but was drawing some odd things.

Thanks for the links/info guys.

Romney 2012

Economic problems are best handled by leadership that understands business.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

Quote Originally Posted by FlashLackey View Post
    Romney 2012

Economic problems are best handled by leadership that understands business.
    if the economy is still and issue in '12 the repubs could run mccain/palin again and probably win.