A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Funny Stories from your childhood.

Funny Stories from your childhood.

So one time, back when i was like 11-12 years old, before i could get a job, me and some friends were bored one day and none of us had any money so we decided lets go collect some cans and then take the bus into town and cash em in. There were 4 of us, so we each grabbed some trash bags, hopped on out huffys and rode around the town and any cans we saw we picked up. We spent the better part of the day doing this, and of course we are like 12 years old, so our imaginations are running wild, we thought we had hundreds of cans, we were going to have so much money it was awesome.. We had already planned out what we were going to buy at the store after we cashed in the cans, that night was going to be awesome. So we have all these cans in bags and now we just need to scavenge up some change to take the bus($.65 one way).

So we get enough money to take the bus in, with all these bags of cans and bottles and we get to the store and we cash em in and we get a grand total of $6... we were quite let down, as it was barely more then what we were paying to take the bus into town..

We never did that again.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Spartan Mop Warrior Loyal Rogue's Avatar
    I got one... Ok, so when I was about 12 a local paramedic/drug dealer thought that my dad narced him out so he threw a firebomb through our front window in the middle of the night and destroyed my favorite chair... oh wait, you said Funny stories... Ok, so I remember the time the neighbor blasted a shotgun through the sliding glass doors of both his and the house behind him... uh... no... hmmm, maybe the one about our other neighbor who got shot 9 times in a deal gone bad and his wife borrowed our van to pick him up and take him to the hospital (unbeknowst to us). So after she returned it we went to BK and had no idea that we were being followed by police helicopter the whole time until we saw about 20 swat units on our street and then they confiscated the van after showing us all the blood in the back as evidence... naw, nope... still not funny enough... ok how about the time they raided our entire neighborhood and we had to run around to everyone's back doors with Hefty bags collecting all the drugs, paraphernalia, and weapons before the cops got there... no, still doesn't fit... hmmm, maybe the time when I was 13 and my dad shot himself and told me I had to dig out the bullet with a pocketknife because he couldn't go to the hospital or they would arrest him... well, almost but still not quite right... hmmm, Sorry Silver, I guess I don't have too many really funny ones... sad, sick, bizarre and twisted, yes... but funny? Not unless you were there.
    God I loved growing up in the 70's!

...actually that last one is kinda funny, but it's a real long one and I don't have time to finish it right now.

I think you meant to post in the wtf thread.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna