A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: F4V and cue Points

F4V and cue Points

Anyone know how to embed cue points into an f4v?

i embedded the same cue points into an FLV and F4V and they were only recognized in the FLV. I set up some traces in my AS3 to listen for the cue's but like i said it only sees them and reacts to the FLV. It's like i never put them into the F4V, but i rendered the video a number of times, so i knwo that i did that.

I would like to use the F4V file size because of it's smaller file size.

btw, i am using adobe media encoder, but am open to any suggestions.

thanks in advance.

add them with actionscript. It would probably be prudent to make some kind of API in order to make this sort of job more painless to do in future!

Check the cuepoints listings in the AS3 livedocs, there's a working example you can co-opt there.

Dan

F4V-format video exported from Adobe Media Encoder CS4 does not contain cue points

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/405/kb405265.html

Issue

When you import a video into Adobe Media Encoder CS4, add cue points, and then export the video using any of the F4V profiles, the cue points are missing. Exporting the same video to FLV works as expected.
    Reason

Cue points are a feature of the FLV video container format. FLVis a proprietary format developed specifically to complement Adobe Flash.

The F4V format is based on the format specified by ISO/IEC 14496-12: ISO base media file format which is not specific to Flash and does not have native support for the cue points that the FLV format uses.

Read more about these formats at the FLV/F4V Technology Center (http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flv/).
    Solution

Do one of the following solutions:

* If you need to use the cue points generated by Adobe Media Encoder, encode your video in FLV format.
    * Add the cue points to the host SWF either using ActionScript 3 or, if you're using a FLVPlayback Component, add the cue Points in the Parameters tab of the Component Inspector. For more information, see the section "Use cue points" in the Using ActionScript 3.0 Components > Using the FLVPlayback Component chapter of the online help.