A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 5D Mark II & 24-105 & Tokina 10-24

5D Mark II & 24-105 & Tokina 10-24

I am going to get my grubby hands on that kit hopefully by mid day tomorrow. I only have it for the night but if all goes to plan I have a few shoots lines up I can do to test it out properly. Too bad my desktop is dead...I hope my laptop doesn't die trying to open these files.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Lucky swine!

Have a play with the video too, can give some shockingly good results!
    Been a while since I was here! Might just stay around this time! | Check out my Deviations - all comments welcomed!

Yeah my teacher actually bought it FOR the video. So since he's letting me borrow it I figured I would do some little test with it for him. Too bad my desktop is dead atm and I think if I even mentioned HD video near my laptop it would burst into flames.

Off to pick it up on my break. Stupid work...I wish I could afford to take today off.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Just got back to work from picking it up. I'm in love. Just the 100% VF is a dream. This camera with the 24-105 is a beast of a combo. Lightning fast focus.

I also got the Tokina 10-24 to play with. It vignettes on full frame till about 14mm but damn is this thing WIDE.

Huge storm coming over my way though so I am not sure if I will be able to shoot my uncles Shelby tonight and I only have this for 1 night
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 08-19-2009 at 02:46 PM.

Did you get any test shots with this setup? Seriously considering saving up for this combo -would love to see what you've taken with it...

Here is a quick edit I did the night I had it. It isn't finished as there is a lot of small tweaks I want to do. I have A LOT more of the car and a model shoot to edit but I haven't been home since I returned it. I might have some free time tonight depending on how the day goes so perhaps tonight but definitely by the end of the week I'll have stuff up. The 5D raw files slaughter my laptop- I need my desktop back

Awesome stuff - looking forward to seeing the other stuff. How big are the files?

RAW is about 40mb each on average. Depends on how bright/dark the image is.

So I'll be borrowing this nice little setup again today. I plan on shooting some more models and going back to shooting some landscape stuff too. I also plan to try my hand at some video again it's been a long time. and now that I have my desktop back I should be able to edit the HD it can produce.