A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Learning Management Systems

Learning Management Systems

Does anyone have any experience here with Learning Management Systems, any in particular you liked? I need to make a training course for roughly 2,000 managers and be able to have them access it online, be able to invite trainees via e-mail, be able to track progress and completion as well as send e-mail reminders through it. I had been using one company for a while but they recently shut down their site and services...
    mmm signature

Yo. I'm your man. PM me for my e-mail address.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

I've not been much involved in the area for the past year (probably longer since I contributed any code) but in my last job we were using moodle. Teaching staff and students all seemed pretty happy with it

http://moodle.org/

The using moodle forums generally pretty helpful http://moodle.org/course/view.php?id=5

Moodle is really aimed at higher ed.

Lemme guess, you've got a customer who doesn't have an LMS, but they want to get a single course out to everybody and track that they've completed it.

This really isn't a good situation to be in as the course vendor. You don't want to be responsible for their infrastructure, and implementing an LMS for a single course is really overkill.

You can a.) recommend your customer look at implementing an LMS, as they will probably do more and more e-learning in the future

or b.) find a provider who can do it cheap. I would look at Learn.com

They are better off implementing an LMS. If whatever your solution is doesn't have a self-registration system, you'll need to make sure all the users get enrolled. Given that they want e-mail notifications, self-registration isn't going to help you. They need to put one in place.

PM me and I can help you more. I'm also around this week if you want to meet up in the city to talk about it.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Listen to PAlexC.

Guy knows LMS's like no other. Has saved my ass more times than I can count.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]